rotted floor

blubirder

Bought a 2011 MPM 180 less then a month ago off of a dealer as a used unit . Drove from PA to Yellowstone. Upon arrival found all 4 corners of the camper are sagging and separating. It appears water has ingressed around the stone guard trim and has rotted out the floor. I know the dealer will work with me on the issue but I am appalled that a unit this new has this type of structural issues. The camper is great and we looked forward to many years of use but needing a new floor this early makes me wonder about the overall quality of the unit. Very disappointed

danemayer

Hi blubirder,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry you're going through this and I hope your dealer makes it right.

Caulking on trailers requires inspection several times each year with corrective action as needed. A 2011 is about 5 years old and of course since you just bought it, there's no way of knowing how it was maintained. But if the floor has rotted, it must have been leaking for a while.

I wouldn't assume the water entry point is only at the caulking around the trim. You could have problems with caulking on the roof or around marker lights, scare lights, etc. A thorough inspection would be a good starting point.

Kobwo

How where they sagging? Doesn't the the aluminum frame mount to the chassis or was it the floor sagging?