AntennaTek Doesn't Crank Up and Down

brlr2000

I have a 2014 Gateway with an AntennaTek Antenna. I'm not sure which model. I think it may be Model #500. It rotates fine, but doesn't crank up or down. I removed the plastic plug on top...and the handle from the inside. Also removed the pins holding the antenna. Then, I removed the worm gear. When I tried to remove the Elevating Shaft Assembly, it was stuck. I managed to pull it up about 6" I don't see any physical damage. AntennaTek claims that I bent the shaft, and it's not a warranty item. I see no way that I could have bent the shaft. It's all enclosed, except for the handle. Anyways, I'm wondering which part(s) to order...and how to identify the model that I have. Any ideas:confused:

danemayer

Start over and call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

brlr2000

I was going to do that, but I felt kind of bad as I already have two other claims for unrelated items...I guess I shouldn't worry about that.

brlr2000

After working with AntennaTek, they agreed to send me a gear kit. It seems that the plastic gear (attached to the shaft) was broken below the o-ring...I didn't even know there was an o-ring, until I forced the shaft out...then the o-ring came out as well, but the rest of the plastic is stuck inside the gear housing. Hopefully, this will fix my problem. Yeah!

farside291

While you have it tore apart you might consider replacing the antenna head unit with a Jack or Sensar IV. I had very little success pulling distant stations with the Antenna Tech head unit. Both replacement head units are compatible. I replaced mine with a black Sensar IV and went from 23 stations to 64 in the same area. Just a thought.

brlr2000

While you have it tore apart you might consider replacing the antenna head unit with a Jack or Sensar IV. I had very little success pulling distant stations with the Antenna Tech head unit. Both replacement head units are compatible. I replaced mine with a black Sensar IV and went from 23 stations to 64 in the same area. Just a thought.

I haven't had the opportunity to tell how well the antenna performed. Since we bought the RV, we've mostly had cable. When we leave this area, I'll keep an eye on it to see how we're doing compared to the 'neighbors'. The head unit looks fairly simple to remove and replace, if necessary...thanks for the tip!