LM 365 Madison floor plan

jbeletti

You betcha Jim. I notice on this FL (front living) that the rear bedroom does not seem to be raised - so fewer steps to climb and the bathroom is private - not a walk-through like some FLs.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I'm seeing two "Madison's". The floor plan on the forum and a different one on Heartlands web site. Which one is correct?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I'm seeing two "Madison's". The floor plan on the forum and a different one on Heartlands web site. Which one is correct?

Since the Heartland website says "coming soon" I think it was just a place holder. I believe what Jim posted for the floor plan will soon take the place of what is on Heartland's website. I do like the layout though but think it will be longer and heavier than what I want to upgrade/downgrade to.

asherwin

Nice to see some thought has been given to bed and bath access while travelling via rear door. Would like to see this door on other front living models (big horn and country) for the same reason.

Mburtsvt

I’m looking forward to seeing it in real life, (Hershey, PA show)? I’m sold on the BH 3750FL for an October order this year, (yes, I had to postpone it 6 month- **** stock market). Don’t tell my wife, but I like the larger separation between the front room recliners on the Madison. Don’t let her know - I’m not a cuddler - sorry. As far as the steps to the bedroom in the 3750FL - I think I would want the extra storage vs the flat floor in the Madison. Having the two additional storage bays outside looks as a better option for my wife and I.

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
My concern is the washer/dryer all the way in the back. The back-end has the most bounce as one travels down our "perfect" roads. Wonder what it's going to do to the flexing of the frame?

Mburtsvt

I also was originally looking at a competitors 40’ RV. It had an additional door as well. I originally thought it was a good idea until I saw it at a campground and asked the owner about it. At the end of the day they were not big fans. It made the coach colder in the fall. I understand why it had to be added in their coach. They did not have any open wall space to put a “legal” egress window to get out of the unit in case of an emergency. The solution was to add a door. I do agree that getting into the unit during travel to use the bathroom is an advantage.

jbeletti

The Madison will not be at the Hershey show. Sorry.

I never noticed the second door. That's cool.

Dave - my sense is that this is the most recent version of the Madison layout as Andy emailed it to me this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryced15

I understand why the closet is where it is in this rendition, but it's sad to see no large rear window. The rear of a 5th wheel is typically your view even if it is the bedroom. I think it would be better to have the wardrobe in a slide out at the foot of the bed.

jbeletti

I understand why the closet is where it is in this rendition, but it's sad to see no large rear window. The rear of a 5th wheel is typically your view even if it is the bedroom. I think it would be better to have the wardrobe in a slide out at the foot of the bed.

You make a good point on the window. Another way to think about this may be that traditionally, in a 5th wheel, that big back window is in the livingroom. The livingroom is now up front. I hear ya - still would like a BIG window in the bedroom. I think it sounds cool - but for me personally, I'd prefer the storage as done, instead of the window and in the winter, I'm going to be warmer in the bedroom because I've eliminated that huge chunk of glass from my bedroom. With an upper-deck bedroom, the heat always finds its way up top. With a lower-deck bedroom all the way in the back, the only heat getting into the bedroom will be from the floor registers (maybe heat pump if optioned). My thoughts only.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
With an upper-deck bedroom, the heat always finds its way up top. With a lower-deck bedroom all the way in the back, the only heat getting into the bedroom will be from the floor registers (maybe heat pump if optioned). My thoughts only.

Great point Jim. we constantly struggle to get the heat correct in our's. Perhaps a little fire place in the bedroom with a bear rug and ashtrays to create just the right mood:angel:

As far as the window goes. I can't remember ever lifting the shade. In any park we've been to it would be the fish bowl syndrome for us. Besides, it looks like there is a fairly large window above the headboard?

jbeletti

Great point Jim. we constantly struggle to get the heat correct in our's. Perhaps a little fire place in the bedroom with a bear rug and ashtrays to create just the right mood:angel:

As far as the window goes. I can't remember ever lifting the shade. In any park we've been to it would be the fish bowl syndrome for us. Besides, it looks like there is a fairly large window above the headboard?

Love the rug and fireplace idea. Skip the ashtrays for me :)

I'll be you could retro-fit a fireplace IPO the dresser at the foot of the bed :)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
WOW! I like that they got rid of the walk-thru bath and made it a side aisle! Wouldn't have even considered this with the previous layout....dang...now they got me looking...:) I too would need to see this in person...

Mrsfish

jbeletti;443588 I'll be you could retro-fit a fireplace IPO the dresser at the foot of the bed :)[/QUOTE said:
that got me thinking. If you removed the dresser for the fireplace, what would you use for clothes instead? Idea- some of us do not use the w/d closet for a w/d but for another closet. How about an option from factory to opt out of the w/d prep and instead put 3or 4 deep dresser drawers? Top half could be shelves.