Plumbing issues on BC 4010RD.

danemayer

If you're not happy with the dealer service, why don't you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Perhaps there is another service location near you that can provide better service.

My apologies..when I first read this I thought it was a return email from Heartland.. My experience with this company 3 weeks in is horrible..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

danemayer

My apologies..when I first read this I thought it was a return email from Heartland.. My experience with this company 3 weeks in is horrible..

Email isn't always the best way to get help.

Have you called Heartland Customer Service and spoken to them about your problems?

danemayer

Just found out they refuse to overnight my part to camping world..

A couple of years ago I wanted a part shipped overnight (from Dometic), they asked if I was willing to pay $25 for expedited shipping. I was. They did. Dealer got it fixed the next day.

A lot of plumbing parts can be obtained at local stores. What is it you're looking for?

Not sure..it's a valve..not even sure it will fix it..day 1 of purchase...while hooked up to city water..the fresh water keeps filling up

danemayer

Not sure..it's a valve..not even sure it will fix it..day 1 of purchase...while hooked up to city water..the fresh water keeps filling up

Sounds like the 4-way Anderson Valve.

Make sure it's not on Sanitize/Winterize setting as that can fill the fresh tank.

If you want to keep to your travel plans, set the valve to TANK and use city water to fill the fresh tank. Then switch the valve to NORMAL and turn on the pump. That'll let you run from the fresh tank and refill the tank as needed.

Obviously not as convenient as city water, but you don't have to cancel your travel plans while waiting for the part.

They have determined that the faceplate is wrong also..the sanitize winterize is really city..who knows

danemayer

They have determined that the faceplate is wrong also..the sanitize winterize is really city..who knows

When set to Sanitize/Winterize, city water flows to the input side of the pump (which is also connected to the fresh tank). Normally when adding bleach or antifreeze, it's sucked in by the pump. But city water is pressurized. So some of it will flow backwards from the input side of the pump, to the tank, causing an overflow.

Seems awfully coincidental that they think the faceplate is wrong and that sanitize/winterize is really city. The faceplate is stamped and can't be wrong. But the cartridge could be installed in the wrong orientation. If it were, when set to city, you'd really be in sanitize/winterize and would be filling the fresh tank. That being the case, if you switched it to sanitize/winterize, it should resume normal operation.

The cartridge can be easily removed and re-inserted correctly if it's actually in wrong. Maybe you need to go to CW and show them the service document for the valve. Here's a link.

When set on city...it fills the tank continuously and comes out overflows. When set on winterize it doesn't fill quickly...they changed the valve and pump both and still doesn't work...you are very helpful.. any other thoughts?

We had a 2010 montana with no issues...heartland told them to change a different valve but won't send it overnight..takes about 3-6 weeks to get it

danemayer

When set on city...it fills the tank continuously and comes out overflows. When set on winterize it doesn't fill quickly...they changed the valve and pump both and still doesn't work...you are very helpful.. any other thoughts?

Someone else posted recently about a problem with the Anderson Valve being difficult to turn, and another about a damaged o-ring in the cartridge. Anderson Brass's number is 800-476-9876. Ask for Ron. He can probably send you a new cartridge that's been redesigned to eliminate both problems. You can also ask him how to make sure the cartridge is correctly oriented so that City is City.

I'd just get the trailer back from Camping World and change the cartridge myself. The service drawing in the manual I linked to earlier should make it clear how to do the replacement.

If that's the only thing you're waiting on, as I said before, go camping and just use city water to fill the fresh tank. Then when you get back, change the cartridge.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hope you get good results from Anderson. I would follow Dan's advice. Just so you know Most CW's have a bad reputation for service after sales. Anytime you take it to them...after a few days call HL service and they can tell you if any parts or warranty work has been applied for. Me personally, I would ask HL for an independent service provider near you to use.

Thanks..unfortunately we are finding you are correct. I did find out that the part had not been ordered ...waiting on warranty approval...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Go get your trailer and leave. Just keep refilling your fresh tank for now. Call Ron at Anderson as Dan suggested and have him send you the part to your home. HL and their suppliers do this all the time.

Sounds like CW to me. I wont buy anything from them except Good Sam towing. I can get the same stuff at Wally World...and cheaper.

Last edited: