SOLVED: Theater Seating Problem (no power to motor)

C-Haert

Ladies and Gentlemen.

First trip out with my 3160EL

RH Stadium Seating Recliner.
The recliner is "stuck" in the extended position...won't retract. Other features work...lockout, heat and massage.

When I try to retract, I can hear a relay click, but no reaction. I have unplugged and plugged back in. No luck.

Ideas/corrective action please. A long way from service on an extended trip and as you can guess, very annoying.

Thank you.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: ATF: Bighorn - Stadium Seating Problem

Are you able to look under the seat. A connector for a motor may have pulled off. Other wise call HL service ASAP and ask who makes the seats and a PH# to call. You also might ask if HL has a local (where you are now) to you independent service center that can look/repair it for you. Remember HL service is EST.

Last edited:

jbeletti

I agree with Bob - sounds like the motor has come unplugged from the power supply. Using a flashlight, get down on your belly and get your head as far under the recliner as you can and follow all the wires, especially the one that seems to be coming from the motor pack near the base of the unit.

I don't have lights, heat or massage on mine but had them come unplugged recently.

C-Haert

Gentlemen...we are golden.

Took a look at all of the connections and they looked good; however, one was slightly out of place and a slight push and my bride is a happy camper!

Hardest part was getting off of my belly. I was high centered, but that a tougher problem to solve. ;)

Thanks again gentlemen!

C-Haert. :cool:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

C-haert, if it happens again...plug it back in. Get "high centered" again on the floor with flash light in hand. Have DW run the switch and see if the wiring is catching on something and pulling it loose while its moving. You might be able to find the place that's causing it and re-route the wire harness. Might save some down time without your rig. Main thing to remember..happy wife and you can sleep in your own bed.