bunk house bunk light relocation question.

Has anyone in the Sundance bunk house group found that the light switch in the bunk area is often mistaken for the slideout switch when reaching for it to turn the lights on before you enter the bunk portion?

last weekend i flipped the switch 4 times (the slide out switch that is) thinking it was the lights.
Problem is that we use slideout supports which i have to then recheck every time

I'm thinking of moving it to the dinning area on the opposite side of the current location.
easy to do...

but what do i then put over or into the existing hole.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
JMHO, I don't think it would be easy. The wiring is in the laminated walls. It could be done by tearing walls a part and running new wires.

MCTalley

If it is an interior wall, it would be fairly simple to move the switch directly to the other side of the wall. If you remove the switch from the wall, you can pretty much figure out where it could be mounted on the opposite side, cut out an appropriate hole, hook the wires back up to the switch on the other side and mount the switch in the new location. (If you do this, don't let the wires fall down into the wall during the switchover).

Covering the hole left in the original location is not as simple. You could buy an appropriate colored blank wall plate cover from a home improvement store and use a couple screws to attach it to the wall to cover the hole. You could potentially get some of the wall covering from the factory (not sure how feasible a small patch would be, but you could ask). If you wanted to get fancy, you could get another switch to match the existing light switch and wire it in parallel with the existing switch on the other side of the wall.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could get another switch to match the existing light switch and wire it in parallel with the existing switch on the other side of the wall.

I thank you for the confidence.
I suspect that because it is an interior hollow wall it will be an easy depower, remove, drill pilot hole through , cut and reinstall the rocker switch all the while making sure i don't fumble the wires into the wall opening itself.

i have to enquire on a wall paper patch for the Buzz Lightyear hole in the dinning area interior wall so i may try to get a big enough piece to cover this new hole.
I am attempting to get away for a light switch on the same side that i'm trying to remove - unless its for something totally different (perhaps a 12V plug in charging station for cell phones would work?)