Hydraulic Slides

'Lil Guy'

Our new rig is coming in with the hydraulic slides. I can't find the thread where I read about the adjustment of travel causing issues. (popping and jumping rollers). Anyone know when these are set for amount of travel. Apparently he adjusted the travel himself to solve the problem. So, no limit switch, just stroke adjustment? How can you determine upon walk thru if they are adjusted correctly? Are you looking for gentle compression of facia to wall with smooth stop? On my electric, they click when they hit there stopping point. Just wondering what to look for when taking delivery of our new BH. If this is already out here, please direct me to the thread. Thanks in advance.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Think you are talking about Malcom Talley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
One of our three slides are hydraulic . . . the one in the bedroom!

It makes a weird whining sound and isn't instant start and stop like the electric slides are.

In other words, when you push in or out it makes that whine for a second before the slide starts moving, and when you let off on the button it continues to move for a second or so before it stops.

Ours seems to work OK, so I guess I'm no help to answer your question . . . :p :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

It is the front slide that says 'Prowler' in this photo:

ProwlerBVKOAsunrise-P1000424.jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The whine you are referring to is the pump building pressure to move the slide. All pumps do that and is normal. All our slides make that noise. When putting out or pulling in the slides....when the pump motor bogs down...let go of the switch. Their is an adjustment for travel for going out. Its a threaded shaft on the ram with 2 locking nuts on each side of the plate that moves the slide in and out. The nuts have a little spacing in them by design. The inner nut is to adjust for the out ward travel.

ksucats

Something to also check on is whether the slide(s) is/are adjusted for proper clearance when the move in and out -- look at the carpets and floor tile for rubbing and scratches. When we did our PDI a few weeks ago the dealership had the slides out and had vacuumed the carpet. This 'removed' the rub marks of the main room slides which we discovered only after we got it home (150 miles away). We didn't even think to check the carpets after moving the slides in and out several times during the PDI. :( We've since used the coach a couple of times and the slides definitely need to be adjusted so that the front (interior side) of the slide is higher when it travels. This adjustment is also made on the outside (there is at least one vertical bolt assembly, sometimes two that control this adjustment). I have been told that it can be done by the end-user but it is a very tricky process to get it right. One local dealer of another brand won't even touch them, even on the brands they sell. Prefer to have them go back to the factory or have factory rep come to them.

Hope this helps.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ours has always left marks on the carpet. Has never damaged the carpet and goes away by rubbing your feet on the carpet.

Last edited:

ksucats

On the unit we traded the slides did the same (left light marks behind if we didn't use the nylon skid bars (those gray things that go under the slide to help them slide :) - I can't think of a better way to describe them). On our now 3 week old LM365 we have extended and retracted the main room slides a total of six times and the fabric of the carpet is actually being pulled apart. I've tried to insert the skid bars and they will not go under the slide - I've even stood on them to hold them in place so that the slide would come up on top and have been unable to get them to work. Coach will be going back to the dealer just as soon as a replacement door is received - they have already told me that the slides work that way so I'm not sure what the final result will be.

That said, I do appreciate the responses above - every little thing helps.