2014 Trail Runner 29dbg

lorij64

2014 Trail Runner 29DBG Fresh Water Tank valve

We just bought a 29dbg and having a hard time locating the correct valve to empty the fresh water tank. I see two valves underneath on door side behind tires and another single valve underneath close to entry door. We filled the tank at pump station and camped. When we left, I opened all 3 valves and it barely spit any water! Also when my guy was filling the fresh water tank, all 3 valves were wide open and yet no water came out. I had forgotten to close them from last trip. Where is the main valve to drain the fresh water? We live in Michigan so we have freezing winters! Any assistance would be much appreciated. It should not be this difficult!:eek:

jimtoo

Hi lorij64,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you don't hear something soon from the factory or one of our other members that can tell you the location, I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
What color are the 2 drain hoses that are together?? Blue and red?? They are the low point drains. The single hose is more than likely the fresh tank drain. Did you leave a faucet open to break the vacuum in the lines?? You can open the fresh tank drain and turn on the water pump to help drain the tank. Just how much water do you think is left in the tanks??

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
That single drain should be blue pipe and the one to drain the fresh water tank.

As mentioned above, opening a faucet may help get the draining going!

Also, check to see if the valve is opening when you turn the valve.

And maybe run a nail or blow some air in it to see if it is blocked with something.

We used to have a Trail Runner and had a lot of fun with it.

Our fresh water drain was just to the right of the rear entrance door and behind the rear wheel just under the skirting.

We are also originally from Jackson, Michigan.

Here is our previous Trail Runner:

TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095052920.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2096.jpg

lorij64

Bob&Patty and JohnD. Thanks both for responding to my question!!! I just saw your replies today, 9/16. Will talk with my significant other and plan to do what was recommended. We have no idea how much water is left but we'll get it emptied! (fingers crossed) :cool: