35 TSRL fresh water tank

ronovt

Greetings. We purchased our Elkridge a few months ago and have been hooked up to city water at the site. The dealer filled the fresh water tank when it was delivered, and after a month or so I decided to sanitize the tank, running some bleach into it. Tonight I finished draining the tank via the valve in front of tha axle and proceeded to refill the tank to flush it out. My issue is that after running water into the tank, nothing is coming back out of the drain.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

danemayer

Greetings. We purchased our Elkridge a few months ago and have been hooked up to city water at the site. The dealer filled the fresh water tank when it was delivered, and after a month or so I decided to sanitize the tank, running some bleach into it. Tonight I finished draining the tank via the valve in front of tha axle and proceeded to refill the tank to flush it out. My issue is that after running water into the tank, nothing is coming back out of the drain.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi ronovt,

If I'm following your description, the fresh tank drain worked when you drained the full tank from the dealer. But now you added water to the tank and nothing is coming out the drain.

I'm assuming you have a gravity fill for the tank and not the 4-way Anderson Valve.

There are 3 connections where you can put water into the trailer: 1) the city water connection, 2) the black tank flush connection, 3) the gravity fill opening. The gravity fill opening is not a hose fitting; the hose just lays inside the opening to fill the fresh tank.

Were you using the gravity fill opening?
UDC Gravity Fill.jpg

If so, the water must have gone somewhere. It could be that the corrugated hose between the fill opening and tank has come loose and the water went into the underbelly. Did you see any water leaking out the bottom of the trailer?

ronovt

I was using the gravity fill. The tank finally started to drain after I had filled it with at least twenty gallons.
Like I said, we are hooked up to city water and never use the on board tank. I just wanted to do a flush and fill.
Thanks

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Was your trailer level?

I noticed on our Prowler that if the trailer is not level the fresh tank doesn't drain all the way.