How many holes??

jmbuys

Since my Elkridge is in storage can someone tell me how many holes are in the kitchen countertop for the faucet. I am going to replace mine with a pulldown faucet which uses a center hole. I didn't know if they drilled 3 holes. Does it have a center hole? Or will I have to put a hole in? Here is the current faucet.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2013-Heartland-Elkridge-34TSRE-Triple-Slide-Rear-Entertainment-Solid-Surface-Countertops-Big-Fri.jpg
    2013-Heartland-Elkridge-34TSRE-Triple-Slide-Rear-Entertainment-Solid-Surface-Countertops-Big-Fri.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 82

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe not. The faucet may be fed via channels in the raised base. Flange nuts on the tubes for the supply may be what holds it down. Best way to be sure is get into your rig and use a mirror to look behind the sink. Or go to a dealer and try to find a similar set-up. Could also call HL with your VIN and see if they know how/what they installed.

jmbuys

Thats why I wasn't sure on 2 or 3 Holes. I was hoping someone has changed their faucet out and could give me an idea. If there is not a center hole I'll drill one.
Thanks

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok, yes, I have removed our faucet. There are only 2 holes, one under each handle. No center hole.

We replaced the faucet with the same brand, Dura, but had a longer neck on the spout. Hope this helps you. When I was thinking of changing, Many folks said it would be easy to drill a new hole for the center.

Last edited:

jmbuys

Thanks so much. I figured I would just drill a new hole. I am using a residential faucet from lowes.

TravelTiger

You can always buy a single hole faucet. Most of them are sold with cover plates

But the single hole needs to be between the two that are there. That is where a new hole must be drilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Just me but you couldn't give me a non-metallic faucet. Good old brass works great.

True, not optimal. But if you want a plug n play replacement, this is an upgrade for ElkRidge OEM faucet. The arch is not tall enough. ;)

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Ok, what's the main issue with the original faucet? Ours works great. Drop down sprayer. It is plenty high enough for us. Just curious.

image.jpgimage.jpg

jmbuys

Yes, I wanted a pull down sprayer and metallic faucet. I bought this today. My wife is happy and thats what matters.

Attachments

• 038877568774.jpg
    038877568774.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 12

TravelTiger

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443060485.875921.jpg

Jamie, your rig is newer, ergo, upgrades. ;). Here is a pic of my original ElkRidge faucet.

They did not have the pull-out style like Jamie's when we upgraded, we went with the same faucet brand but with a taller arch.

jbeletti

Jon - if you need to drill a hole, a regular hole saw works great. No need for a special hole saw for granite or other solid surface. I've drilled a few holes in mine.

jimtoo

I'm not sure, but I believe I was told or read somewhere that to make a good smooth cut that you should run the hole saw in reverse for a few rounds to score the top before you start the cut. I think if you run it forward it might or could make some chips in the top surface wider than the actual cut you want to make.

Might ask someone familiar with drilling in this material.

Jim M