Sink is sinking ?

Joe-N

Hello everyone , I had a problem with my sink at the start of this camping season . I had to just tighten up the sink flanges on the bottom of the sink to stop them from leaking . My problem now at the end of this season is that my sink seems to be sinking in the middle leaving a gap along the front and back side of my sink letting water get through that gets splashed up there. I'm wondering if I tightened up those fittings on the bottom of the sink so tight that it's pulling the sink down, If my wife was here at all this summer she would of noticed this a long time ago but with me just noticing it now :(20150923_104403[1].jpg ok I read the other posts about the sink lol , now i will go down under and have a look. Some good ideas for fixes.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hello everyone , I had a problem with my sink at the start of this camping season . I had to just tighten up the sink flanges on the bottom of the sink to stop them from leaking . My problem now at the end of this season is that my sink seems to be sinking in the middle leaving a gap along the front and back side of my sink letting water get through that gets splashed up there. I'm wondering if I tightened up those fittings on the bottom of the sink so tight that it's pulling the sink down, If my wife was here at all this summer she would of noticed this a long time ago but with me just noticing it now :(View attachment 40324 ok I read the other posts about the sink lol , now i will go down under and have a look. Some good ideas for fixes.

Adding a couple of sink clips (you can get from Lowes or HD) may fix that.

AAdams

As Dan said, a couple more sink clips, you can see the mounting block in the picture for one in the middle. Also clean the surface real well and use 100% silicon between the sink flange and under side of the counter top. Then tighten up the flanges and wipe off the excess.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Are you sure you have all the clips? There should be six, with one on either end and the other four centered on the front and rear of each bowl.

RoadJunkie

Mine did not have clips on the front of the sink. I used angle brackets that I picked up from the Home Depot to reinforce . Now we don't travel with the sink covers in place, they are actually pretty heavy.

mslater

my sink had screws that held the clips along the back screwed into pieces of wood that were glued to the counter top. the problem was the screws length were the same or a hair longer than the depth of the wood they were screwed into , so they broke the glue bond with the counter…ended up re-silicolning between counter and sink and adding support pieces of wood from floor to sink

mslater

after looking closer to your pic it appears your mounting blocks have let loose…. check and see if the clip screws ends have protruded thru the wood and broke the glue bond with the counter top

Westwind

I thought this problem had gotten beat to death a few years ago and I see that your FW is a 2013 a year newer then mind which also had the same problem. But with it happening on 2015's it sounds like the cabinet workers need to go back to school along with the QA folks.
One thing we don't do is travel with the heavy quartz covers on the sinks - the bouncing of the RV created a force on the edge of the sinks that don't help the situation.