Manual Slide Operation - MPG

Mpelham

Can anyone tell me how to manually operate slide on mpg. Owners Manuel is generic to all heartland products. I am not having a problem now , but would like to know in case have problem on road.

thanks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I know there is a sticker on the end of your hydraulic pump motor. Under that sticker is a hex head you can put a bit into and run with a drill. My blue bag of paperwork that came with the LM365 had a flexible extension with bit on it.
Ether then that I have not messed with trying to operate any of the valves manually.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ks.Kev

When I had a SOB just like the MPG the slide was a screw type/auger style rod ran by 12 volt power that moved the slide out.
On mine the kitchen was in the slide, the cabinets on that slide out had at the bottom inspection panels to remove and that's where the motor was.
So, once you see the motor there was a nut on the end, and you would use your wrench that's used for your stabilizer jacks to manually turn that nut that would turn that screw/auger rod that would slide back in or out the slide.
Like I said..... this was on a SOB travel trailer, I mean "IDENTICAL" to the MPG... wont mention brand but it was called a RPod.
Don't know if that's allowed to say the model, but that is what it was.
I'm sure it has the same set up! Hope this helps ya!........

Last edited:

Mpelham

Thanks for the info,I'll give that a try. Am familiar with the brand you refered to,looked at them before we bought the mpg. Feel mpg is better built except for fact axel is too light!

Lane

Illinios Chapter Leader-Retired
Call Lippert up and they will replace the axle. Should be a tag on you axle, write the numbers down and have you vin ready when you call. I had my 2011 MPG axle replaced this spring with no problem. They will send a new axle to the repair shop of your choice and pay 1 1/2 hour to replace the axle. This is a heavy axle and made a big difference in pulling the MPG.

Mpelham

Good to know that. I bought this unit used, wonder if they will replace it since I'm not the original owner?

- - - Updated - - -

You were right about the motor for the slide. Pulled inspection panel from cabinets and motor as located there with nut on back of motor. Thanks again for information. This forum alone will be wort membership price. Many friendly and knowledgable people, but, I've always found rv owners to be that type!

Lane

Illinios Chapter Leader-Retired
Yes they will. I bought my MPG used also. The first guy I talked with told me it was out of warranty, I told him to get me someone that knew about the MPG axle problem. He put me on hold and when he came back he asked where I wanted the axle sent for the repairs. It took two week for the axle to come. This cost me nothing.

Mpelham

You were 100 percent correct,called Lippert,got someone who knew about problem and she sent me a email about what I needed to do. Sent pictures of tires serial numbers of axel and date I bought trailer, they are sending new axel,reimbursing 11/2 hours labor to service center to change it and $65.00 each on tires to replace them. Thanks for the heads up on this problem!