Horses in the garage toy hauler

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahorse

Hi
Has anyone converted their garage toy hauler in a Razor into horse stalls.

It would be the same as a gooseneck horse trailer.
the garage is 10 x 8 so it has plenty of room

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I don't know anything about horses in a Razor - but I do carry a HOG in a Cyclone! :D:D:cool::cool:

Attachments

• HT 474.jpg
    HT 474.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 63
  • HT 475.jpg
    HT 475.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 76
  • HT 476.jpg
    HT 476.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 71

ultrafarmer

We have fresh eggs all the time with our chicken coupe in the back of our's. Also are thinking of a couple of pigs for fresh meat.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Don't think I'd want to try that...not sure of the load capacity of the cargo area, but horses are generally more than a thousand pounds each, and in a regular horse trailer, the weight is directly above the axles. In a toyhauler, the weight would be behind the axles, and basically "hanging" in mid-air....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
In addition to kakampers comments, there's the horse poop to think about. I wouldn't try it. It's not designed for livestock. Just sayin...

Mike Aplin

Hi

I would not recommend doing this at all. Thanks Mike :cool:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
On a rough road the horses would be throw up and down with the bouncing of the trailer...not a good idea.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not to mention side to side sway unless you put in some kind of stall wall to restict it. Unless you REALLY love horses, what about odors permeating the living spaces? Not only do they poop at will, but they also urinate buckets.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
A trailer trained horse? No I don't think I would want a horse in my house. But I guess someone else would.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi

Although I know very little about horses, my neighbors have them. I do know horses can weigh about 1500lbs and they are a high center of gravity of shifting weight.
Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Also as mentioned all the by products of a horse would stink the joint up.IMHO. (Even if they are hay burners it can still reek)

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Of all the things I could think of to carry in the garage, horses would be the last.
It is a "toy" hauler after all

Bfunky

Yes absolutely on 5th wheel TH. May wantnto install a drain in the floor and rubber matt (Rural King). Most important is making sure rear weight not overloaded. If more than one horse fill tanks to full so have good tongue weight up front. Toy haulers already have vents for fuel fumes but might want to add or keep windows open. Don't know if I'd try it with number tow TH. Happy Trails

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I don't think I would ever carry anything alive that I cared anything about in an RV.

MTPockets

Why not just get a horse trailer with the camper package…. Those are really nice and designed for just that.

danemayer

The OP asked this question in 2008 and someone responded in 2011. Now it's 10 years later and getting new replies. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.