Half-Time Oven Issues?

colorocky

We pick up our new 26RKS tomorrow, and I have seen many posts on other sites about problems with the Half-time mw/convec oven. I'm not sure these posts are referencing the model we have in our North Trails, but has anyone had problems? It would be nice to know what questions to ask during our walk-through. We'll be sure to ask about the fitting for manual slide operation - thanks all for the heads up on that one!

HappyKayakers

We've been using ours full time for 2 years. It just recently quit working for the convection and half-time functions. MW still works OK. Only other problem we had was an internal plastic part used to open the door. The folks in Elkhart (Apollo distributor for RVs) sent us a new part at no charge along with directions on how to repair.

CampingJunkie

We have used our several times with no problems. I have also not heard of any problems in the North Trails.

Jennifer

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
We have the Half-Time in our BigHorn 3600RE. BIG problem with water buildup during microwave use. Looks like no vent for the steam to escape so it just condenses back into the oven itself. What a mess. It is back at the dealers as I type.

colorocky

Half-Time Oven

Now that we've had an opportunity to try out the oven, I love it! Several other members of our RV club have similar ovens but hadn't figured out how to use them. Now they are fans, too.

I do use the "drying" mode after microwaving, which eliminates the moisture condensation in the oven. Our next trip will have 15amp power, so I need to look up minimum power requirements for the mw/oven. The high power range top burners are really fast, and the glass top is a lot easier to clean up than the conventional gas ranges we've had before. Just bring lots of Windex with you.

jbeletti

It's a button on the Apollo Half-Time oven Chuck. Use it after you use the microwave if condensation has built up.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
The only issue I've had is when we were using it to cook a large amount of bacon for a crowd. Tray after tray. It shut off. Then about half-hour later it came back on and is fine. I think there must be a high heat safety switch. Thanks to the forum, I had read about someone else having this problem, so wasn't too worried. It's a great oven and we use the heck out of it. Seldom use the gas oven.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Gayle liked the Half time so much we ordered one for home as our MW at home just died. We had it shipped to Detroit and picked it up on the way to Branson it is in our living room now in a box to take home with us.
We are still at KOA waiting for truck parts.
Regards
Wayne

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
There is a button on the keypad called "auto dry"...after use, close the door and hit this button. Unit comes on for 90 seconds and "drys" any excess moisture out of the oven.

J&B

I love my H-T oven! We too had a problem with it turning off--used the H-T, then put something else in using the MW--after the MW was finished off went the MW power. When things cooled down the MW showed power was restored. Learned something--let the H-T cool a little before using the MW.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I have a High Pointe microwave and a Magic Chef gas range and stove top...but I also have an electric GE toaster/oven w/rotisserie that I got from my friends at the Rally in Branson! No probs w/ any of the three! :D

Snapper

does anyone know if the half time oven works only on electric or does it work with propane as well..

Thanks in advance.

Half Time

We took ours out and this was the first time we actually tried to cook in the oven. We did start it with our dealer. Nothing would cook in the oven, Micro, half time, or convection. The fan and the light does come on when you start to cook but nothing gets hot. Taking it back to the dealer soon.

geeksrus

Ours WENT about 3 weeks after the 1-year warranty expired. Our rig's insurance policy provides an addition 1-year warranty on all appliances, so at least the replacement will be on their nickel.

We are looking for a replacement that will fit the cavity in the cabinet... not much around... hesitant to get another Apollo
as the have a reputation for a CRAPPY product.

Eh!

Snapper

Thanks for the info on the Apollo half time oven, I just ordered my 28BHS and it should be done within 3 weeks. I an concerned about the oven, My wife prefers to have the regular oven and microwave instead of the half time . I hope it does not break. wish me luck.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Ours is still going good after a little over a year. We use the half-time feature quite a bit to bake smaller items. A full pan of cookies or bigger pans of baked goods go in the Propane oven. Other than the above mentioned safety shut-offs for overheating, no issues. Usually only happens when we cook bacon for a crowd in the micro mode, pan after pan. In normal use, no issues, and no issues with the half-time features either.
I know others have had problems, but it also seems that Apollo has been responsive in warranty issues. Will just keep our fingers crossed. :)