Trying to register products (AC serial numbers)

TheWolfes

Short of going up on the roof is there another way to collect the model and serial numbers of the 3 air conditioners we have installed?

Thanks,
The Wolfes

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
ATF: Landmark - Trying to register products

Take the grill and filter off and stick your iPhone above the junction box and snap a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TxCowboy

Re: Air conditioner serial numbers

That doesn't work for a LM 365. Everything is centrally ducted. There are no "distribution boxes".

When this question came up before, IIRC, you need to call HL with your VIN number. They should be able to tell you what the serial numbers are.

BTW, TheWolfes, if you're concerned about warranty work, most folks here simply call Dometic with their VIN number and purchase date. Dometic has been really good about working directly with HL for work authorizations and getting approval for local mobile tech (Dometic-certified, of course) to do the work. There still may be a small service fee though.

TheWolfes

Is there a way short of climbing up on the roof to find out what the model and serial numbers are for our air conditioning units?

How about the True Induction stove top. where would those model and serial numbers be?

Additionally, we have 3 TVs we need to register.....

Please Heartland tell us you have these numbers in your records somewhere.

Thank you, this is getting very frustrating and of coarse the days are limited to register.

The Wolfes

TxCowboy

Re: ATF: Landmark - Trying to register products

Is there a way short of climbing up on the roof to find out what the model and serial numbers are for our air conditioning units?

How about the True Induction stove top. where would those model and serial numbers be?

Additionally, we have 3 TVs we need to register.....

Please Heartland tell us you have these numbers in your records somewhere.

Thank you, this is getting very frustrating and of coarse the days are limited to register.

The Wolfes

Answered over in the AC forum but, if you have a problem with anything like what you mentioned above, just call HL first with your VIN number. If they can't work it out (highly unlikely), then you can call the manufacturer. There's a listing of them somewhere in your RV with phone numbers, probably right next to your circuit breaker and/or main switches panel.

Mentioning that the item was installed in an RV with such-and-such a purchase date can go a long way with some manufacturers.

Note: With such items as televisions and other electrical devices, you may find issues with warranty claims. Some have posted on these forums that they (the RV owner) have to prove that they didn't have an electrical issue with shore or generator power that subsequently damaged the electrical device.

TheWolfes

We called our dealer and asked if they had a copy of the serial numbers and product numbers for our LM. We had already contacted Heartland and asked them the same thing, We were told by a representative of Heartland that they did not have this information. We received an email from the dealer that had been sent to them by Heartland, so I guess they do keep a copy, however the numbers weren't legible. Do they input this information into a computer? Is there a way to get a legible copy? We can't take the TV's off their mounts to get the serial numbers and we do not want to crawl up on top of the 5er to get the A/C serial numbers.

I would think, as a courtesy to your customers, that you would have all the product information on each 5th wheel readily available to make their transition easier. There is enough to do and learn for a new owner.

dbbls59

Re: ATF: Landmark - Trying to register products

I did not register any of my appliances. Had a problem with the water heater and I provided Atwood with the serial number then and also the date the trailer was put into service. The warranty starts when the unit is put in service.

danemayer

In 5 years of reading forum posts, I've never seen a post about an appliance or subsystem supplier declining warranty coverage because the owner failed to mail in a registration card. Of course there's no way to know how many people mail in their cards, but I'd guess it's a pretty low number.

dlw930

I called Heartland Customer Support earlier this summer asking for their "spec sheet" on our Landmark we purchased pre-owned. They sent me serial #'s for appliances as well as paint details for the full-body paint and a copy of the 2013 Landmark product brochure with standard and optional equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nfa1eab

I was able to stand a ladder up to the side of the unit and hold my phone up to the vents in the cover and take a picture of the model and serial numbers. I used a 12' one piece ladder.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk