Rv Lock finally added

Bones

I added our Rv lock last night. It was a really quick and easy job. The only down side is that I discovered what appears to have been an oops from someone. The new lock did not completely cover the oops so it look like I might have to caulk a little.

IMG_20151008_151653.jpg

IMG_20151008_151626.jpg

• :confused:
    confused.png
    I really wonder how they accomplished to do that weird damage installing a lock :confused:

IMG_20151008_153912.jpg

IMG_20151008_153921.jpg
Here is the gap that is left. Guess I will need some caulk. That was unexpected. <label for="rb_iconid_6">//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png</label>

The lock works great. I'll adjust the striker a bit then the door should shut well. Nice!!!!

rxbristol

I do like the lock, but the striker plate is adjusted as far as it will go and I have to "slam" the door to get a secure latch. Let us know if you find another way to adjust.

jbeletti

Consider calling RVLock and asking them to mail you a black vinyl trim decal. You'd remove the RV lock and place the decal over the hole. It overlaps the hole by a bit so when the lock is on, you see a bit of the black vinyl around it. It's made for situations where a coach door has full body paint where it was painted with the old lock in place. The RVLock, as you've found is not quite as tall as the OEM lock.

Bones

Consider calling RVLock and asking them to mail you a black vinyl trim decal. You'd remove the RV lock and place the decal over the hole. It overlaps the hole by a bit so when the lock is on, you see a bit of the black vinyl around it. It's made for situations where a coach door has full body paint where it was painted with the old lock in place. The RVLock, as you've found is not quite as tall as the OEM lock.
Thanks. That would look a whole lot better than caulk. Do you think it will be strong enough to create a seal? Because that indent is really big.

- - - Updated - - -

I do like the lock, but the striker plate is adjusted as far as it will go and I have to "slam" the door to get a secure latch. Let us know if you find another way to adjust.
When I moved my plate it was all the way out so I loosened the screws and moved it in towards the coach which gave me a better seal. When I first closed the door I could still compress the gasket more and I thought it was just a little too loose so I moved the plate. The door does not have too much pressure on it now but has a little bit. When I go back to the coach I will take a picture of the striker for you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Rather than adding caulk I would use a strip of Butyl Tape.
It can easily be trimmed and will make a water tight seal.

Peace
Dave

Bones

Hey Jim,
Guys at RV Lock are nice. They are sending me out a vinyl decal and with the Butyl tape behind the decal I think that should seal things up nicely. The gentlemen on the phone spoke highly of you. Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing the new slam latch locks but not sure on pricing.