Winegard traveler your experience

DWH

Planing on getting this Winegard traveler for new 365. Asking others of this forum who have this satellite what you think of it? I say great reviews on line but I put more weight with what folks on this forum think. Specifically I will be getting the traveler sk1000 to work with Dish. A dish program salesman who has been helpful and seems knowledgeable has suggested that, the traveler though it picks up three satellites has difficulty picking up one of these and it is the one that brings in HD. He doesn't sell or install any dishes so he doesn't appear to have any reason to bad mouth the unit. Can others share their experience?
Thank you
Doug Hoeffner

hughesmk

I had the SK1000 on my SOB 5th wheel for the past 6 years and had great success. We just bought a new 365 and did not hesitate to do it again. I see you are in PA. We had no issues up in PA using the dish even though it is western arc. Depending where your locals are you might have an issue getting your locals in HD if they are on the eastern arc. Personally we just don't get locals and use the antenna for locals where we happen to be.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

How is it in the trees ?
Do you have to have a completely clear view or will it burn through a few light tree's ???!

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tape talk

mytruc

I had the traveler installed at rally at fairgrounds. We have since installed the razer antenna for our HD reception. We don't get local channels on our sat. It does seem to work pretty good. We have the dish 250 package and have not lost any channels.

Power-Stroke

We have the TRAV'LER for DirectTV and it's been great. Very convenient, and has worked every time (I have not had any problems with trees... yet). My parents have the same setup for DISH and they have also been very happy.
Jay

bdb2047

I have had the Traveler SK1000 for Dish for 3 years. Very satisfied with it.Have had 2 times it would not get all satellites was due to trees both times.It does pick p western arc satellites so the further East the lower the elevation more chance for interference.

TxCowboy

We have the TRAV'LER for DirectTV and it's been great. Very convenient, and has worked every time (I have not had any problems with trees... yet). My parents have the same setup for DISH and they have also been very happy.
Jay

This is the set-up we want because we have DirecTV at the SnB. Even though the Landmarks are pre-wired for Winegard products, I am stumbling over the almost $2K price tag for the SK-SWM3 TRAV'LER DIRECTV Slimline.

I want to get the best satellite we can and one that gives us the capability (auto-tracking) that we may want in the future but that's pushing the upper limit of my price range.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We absolutely love ours (Winegard for Directv), but it is satellite so the limitations are that it has to have a clear unobstructed view of the sky. Super easy to set up and stow, just a push of a button! We would never be without it on any future rigs.

Rod

Last edited:

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Check around independent satellite equipment providers that install on rvs. We had ours installed by Elkhart Satellite in Goshen at the National rally. It cost less installed than the best price found on line for just the equipment.