Introduction - Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Congrats Tony and Erika. You're not new to the leadership team but chapter leadership will be a new experience for you. Thank you for organizing the west area of the great state of Texas! Have fun with it!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks all for the kind words!!!

We've considered Chapter Leadership in the past, but it wasn't the right time... until now.

We hope to live up to the expectations others have set before us -- Jay and Stella set the stage back in 2011, when they started the North Texas Chapter with a Rally practically in our back yard in Canton (East Texas) -- and all of the Chapter events we've been to along the past 4 years, we've learned a lot!

Not to mention 3 years as the Heartland Highlights editor, getting to work with CLs and RDs from all over the club, and learning what all they do at their rallies.

Now living in West Texas (Cisco, TX) in our 5ver as our full-time residence, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to grow the Club "out west" and encourage others to join the Heartland family.

We look forward to serving the Club, and getting to know more Heartland Owners in the West Texas area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

I was looking for the boundary lines (US 183 & 377) and found I really had to zoom in on the map to follow those goat trails(in places). It would be really interesting to drive the boundary from Del Rio north to Oklahoma. You would see some country. BUT I learned something, I've driven on both those roads at various places (been thru Brownwood a bunch, parents are from Coleman) and never knew they were that long. US-183 starts in Refugio, TX and goes all the way to Presho, SD. It has the distinction of being the last US Hwy to be completely paved. Finished in 1967.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations Erika and Tony. Hum Erika - moving from one job to another. Way to go gal.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Congratulations Erika and Tony, I saw how organized you were at the National rally, you will be great.
LindaW

Status
Not open for further replies.