EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Quanah - 3/11/2016 to 3/13/2016

Are you interested in the 501 Winery Wine Tasting & Snacks Event, Sat. March 12?

• Yes! I understand it will cost $10 per person.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, thanks anyway!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
See, West Texans have a different accent than North Texans--ya'll.

Rex, I must confess I've been a North Texan all my life, until July of this year. But my folks and family are in and from West Texas -- Lubbock, Abilene, Amarillo, Abernathy, Muleshoe... been there, caught the horned toad, chased the jack rabbit, saw the antelope, drank from the windmill, picked the cotton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
605943e3fae448878ff7515c04454e65.jpg

(Yep, that's a horned toad on my leg)

rxbristol

Rex, I must confess I've been a North Texan all my life, until July of this year. But my folks and family are in and from West Texas -- Lubbock, Abilene, Amarillo, Abernathy, Muleshoe... been there, caught the horned toad, chased the jack rabbit, saw the antelope, drank from the windmill, picked the cotton.

605943e3fae448878ff7515c04454e65.jpg

(Yep, that's a horned toad on my leg)

Great picture!!

I was born in El Paso (Army Brat) and spent most of my young years in the desert (El Paso, Canutillo, Las Cruces, and White Sands Missile Range) and I still love that dry heat.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We decided to come down a visit you fine southern folks weather here permitting. Mike and Anna McKenzie will be in site 31.

TravelTiger

We decided to come down a visit you fine southern folks weather here permitting. Mike and Anna McKenzie will be in site 31.

Cool! Usually, we're headed to your state during Spring Break, so I can tell you ((most of the time)) the weather will cooperate!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Really we are coming down so we can add TX to our map! All kidding aside, It will be good to meet everyone. This trip will be our first long trip in the new rig so we are really looking forward to it! We have not had a fiver for awhile, and nothing quite this big so ideas, better ways to do things, and lies will be met with a smile and a beer.

'Lil Guy'

Just tried to make reservations and they have some very lucrative business hours. I'll have to call back after 4 to make them. Need a L and XL T=shirt. We'll be selling our house in Houston around then. I doubt if that will come into play so there is a 99% chance the 'Lil Guy' is going to make an appearance. See everyone there. More info on the Quanah Breakfast Extravaganza to come.lol See everyone there.

TravelTiger

Yes, their hours are strange, sorry about that. So, taking the plunge to go full-time??

Once you get "officially" registered with the park, let me know your site and I'll update the first thread.

I'll also take you up on the "Breakfast Extravaganza", I am sure we can plan some time for that, as we make firmer plans for the rally. I asked if we could use our grills right outside the rally hall on the patio, they were agreeable as long as we were careful not to make a mess.

TravelTiger

Got a message from HornedToad, Mike & Helen will be attending. Mike even hinted he'll have a new smoker he'll be itchin' to try out! Stay tuned as this Rally gets even better and better. ;)

Erika

jbeletti

Made our reservation today. We arrive on 10-Mar for 4 nights leaving Monday 14-Mar. We're in site 36. See you 4 months!

Kim at the CG suggested we bring warm clothes as the weather could be cold. She also suggested we roll in with plenty of propane (I assume they don't sell it). They don't have firewood but said we could use our own fire pits if we bring our own wood.

TravelTiger

Ok, added Frank and Debbie, and Jim and Nancy to the first post. Yes, you never know what you'll get in March in Texas. Could be shorts or ski coats. 8)

dlw930

I just talked to Kim at the RV park. We're down for Site #34 arrive 3/10 leaving 3/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.