Need dimensions of outside speakers on Elkridge 37 Ultimate

shive787

Sorry but my camper is in storage at the moment and I can't measure the diameter of the factory Jensen speakers outside. Does anyone know the dimensions of hand?

Thanks!

-Wade

2014' ElkRidge 37 Ultimate

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: 37 Ultimate outside speakers

I can't help you. I would call HL service, have your VIN# handy. They should be able to help you.

Piperflyer

My 2016 Big Horn outside Jensen speakers covers are 5-7/8" in diameter. Hope that helps

shive787

My 2016 Big Horn outside Jensen speakers covers are 5-7/8" in diameter. Hope that helps

Thank you! That helps a lot. That means they should be 5-1/4 which is what I thought but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks again!...

-Wade

Lobovista

If you are thinking of upgrading to better speakers, beware that these speakers have small magnets and have a shallow depth. I bought better speakers of the same diameter for my Elkridge only to find they would not fit in the existing hole. Exterior wall thickness is too shallow for good quality speakers. I never use the outside speakers because they sound lousy. Carry my Bose Soundlink outside and have great fidelity.

shive787

I was afraid of that and yeah the speakers are lousy. Thanks for the info!

-Wade

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Yeah . . . those outside speakers are a waste . . .

I only use them for when we have the TV news on inside and I am outside grilling so I can hear the news.

The junk stereo (Fussion) that came in our Prowler is OK for TV sound, but I had to disconnect the radio antenna from the coax splitter that also feeds the TV as it was shorting out the cable and antenna signal to the TV . . . so now no radio in the trailer.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Please when using your outside speakers keep in mind that others in the campground many not appreciate your BOOM BOOM of the bass and come camping to relax and hae some peace and quite. Thanks...

shive787

Please when using your outside speakers keep in mind that others in the campground many not appreciate your BOOM BOOM of the bass and come camping to relax and hae some peace and quite. Thanks...

Thanks for the advice, but your not going to get a BOOM BOOM from a 5.25 speaker and that's not what I'm looking for. Just looking to get better sound quality not sound levels. 🏻

-Wade

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

There is no bass (boom boom) coming from those tiny little Jensen speakers.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Probably no bass. But isn't it aggravating when sitting in the RV in the evening trying to watch a TV show and all you can hear is the Boom Boom Boom from another camper's RV or truck?