Texas - West Chapter Event Ideas and Discussions

DaveTyler

Lets us know when and where and should be able to make Lubbock the 23rd or 30th I think. Getting ready for the Sweetheart Rally in Fredricksberg?
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Lets us know when and where and should be able to make Lubbock the 23rd or 30th I think. Getting ready for the Sweetheart Rally in Fredricksberg?
Dave

Dave, we can't make the Sweetheart Rally.

But it's looking like the 23rd could have 3 couples so far.

Anyone else? We'd love to have more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronJ

Do we even have a leal's anymore??..ain't been there since wayyyyyyyy back when...count me and my wife in wherever yall decide...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

According to Yelp, someone visited Leal's 3 mo ago.

6200-6298 19th St
Lubbock, TX 79407

That's 4 couples!!!

TravelTiger

Ok all, I am going to post the Meet and Greet event, but we need to decide what time, Lunch or Dinner, then I'll confirm with Leal's in Lubbock.

Please let us know ASAP if you are able to attend on the 23rd and whether you prefer Lunch (1ish) or Dinner (5ish).

DaveTyler

Dave Tyler, We are about 65 miles from Lubbock, my wife will be gone at lunch time but available for the dinner. If the rest want the lunch, I will be there without her. No big deal. Dave

TravelTiger

OK, sadly, Leal's is out. I did not discover until today they are a "To Go Dining" only and not open Saturdays. I am sorry. We are working on a Plan B, but still want to do it Saturday in Lubbock and 5PM is looking like the time.

Stay tuned!

TravelTiger

OK all, I have posted the official Meet-n-Greet Lubbock event, Saturday the 23rd, HERE. Please RSVP there if you plan to attend.

TravelTiger

Well, we had a great time visiting with those that could attend the Meet-n-Greet. Now the interest turns to a Camp-out, which is not as formal or organized as a Rally. We are stretched thin working until the Rally, but we can help organize a Camp-out for those that want to do it.

We had a great visit with the folks at Lubbock RV Park, and might consider it for a Rally next year or beyond. (They have plans to expand.) It would make a great Camp-out location now, as they have a group meeting room and nice amenities.

Other suggestions? We prefer pull-through sites with full hook-up and some type of meeting room or covered area.