Bighorn 3575 bathroom door to hallway

calfirebill

The bathroom door to the hallway on my Bighorn 3575 is not useable without first opening the bedroom door and walking past the bathroom door in order to open it. This defeats the reason for a hall door since you now have no privacy in the bedroom. I cannot figure why they designed this door to open in this direction. To solve this I removed the door and turned it upside down, then remounted it to open the opposite way. Except for the ugly holes left in the door jams, it works fine now.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
When we bought our Landmark in 2013 our bathroom door opened toward the living room, and we love it that way...the next year they turned them toward the bedroom because some people complained about falling off the steps, if I remember correctly.

Oregon_Camper

I think I can count on one hand the number of times we've closed the bedroom door.

I like having the bathroom door open, so when at 90 degrees, it creates an private area between the hall and the bedroom. If it opened the other way you'd have to open door...step down step(s)...close door...go back up steps to get to bedroom. Even worse at night coming from bedroom...you go past bathroom door...down step(s)...then back up to bathroom. Reverse all that to get back to bed.

SNOKING

BH3575el has two doors to bathroom!!!! One from bedroom(sliding) and one from hall. Early 3575el's opened to the stairs, later ones open to the bedroom door. Later ones are better for guess at night and day to day use otherwise.

Chris

Macflys

I didn't realize that some 3575's didn't have the bedroom door. That explains some of the comments. We find that the hall door to bathroom is only used to hold our towel bars. We don't use the hall door.

sengli

We completely removed both the bathroom, and bedroom doors. They now reside in the basement of our house. My wife installed a curtain rod, and privacy curtain in the bathroom. It really opened up the landing area at the top of the stairs.

SNOKING

I didn't realize that some 3575's didn't have the bedroom door. That explains some of the comments. We find that the hall door to bathroom is only used to hold our towel bars. We don't use the hall door.

All BH3575 have two doors. Slider to bedroom and a swinging door in the hall. The early ones swung towards the stairs, the later ones the door swings towards the bedroom door, like I pictured above. Chris

Chris

padre44

Just pull the door open all the way and it lays flat to the wall, then you can walk right in. There is a bumper on the wall so the knob doesn't poke a hole in the wall.

r.lewis

We have two pocket doors on our 2013 BC3250, hall and bedroom. I have looked at new ones and don't understand why they don't go back to pocket doors. Cost I'm sure. Hinges are cheaper than tracks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

We have two pocket doors on our 2013 BC3250, hall and bedroom. I have looked at new ones and don't understand why they don't go back to pocket doors. Cost I'm sure. Hinges are cheaper than tracks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think pocket doors increase the width of the wall by a couple of inches. Some people like the wider hallway.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Not to mention that you must have a wall long enough to hide the pocket door in or behind.

SNOKING

The bedroom door is just a sliding door that slide along the bedroom side wall.

We find no issue with the way our doors open/work. Do miss a opening roof hatch in the bedroom ceiling for fresh air circulation at night. Chris