Rear cargo tray install

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Over the weekend I had the opportunity to finally get my aluminium cargo tray installed. Fellow club member Loren Smith and his son Lucas welded two 2" receivers to my frame and then we installed the pre-made cargo tray. We first removed the useless 1" receiver from Key Largo and then installed the 2" receivers. Wired the lights from each side to tray lights with Flat 4 trailer connectors and away I went. Thanks Loren and Lucas.
7927a2c82e4216ee285d852459921cbb.jpg
f9060282e31ade88f02d27ad809e4395.jpg

jbeletti

Looks great Jim. Can you provide some pics of the receivers and how they did them?

What will you be carrying on the tray?

Where did you get the tray?

murry135

Looks great Jim. Can you provide some pics of the receivers and how they did them?

What will you be carrying on the tray?

Where did you get the tray?
Will post more pics of frame work next weekend did not take any during install.

Tray was customize by Loren Smith's son and made of aluminum to reduce wait. Will use this to carry large cooler, bikes and canopies for rallies. I think I will not load more than 200 to 300lbs total on tray.

jbeletti

Will post more pics of frame work next weekend did not take any during install.

Tray was customize by Loren Smith's son and made of aluminum to reduce wait. Will use this to carry large cooler, bikes and canopies for rallies. I think I will not load more than 200 to 300lbs total on tray.

Ah. By "pre-made", you mean that it not purchased as-is but was made by Loren's son? Nice work!

donr827

If his son is interested in a part time job might make the tray for others and make a few $$$$$.
Don

murry135

Ok here is the final scope on my Cargo Tray Mod for our Landmark:

First you start with a 2013 Key Largo Landmark:
Locate a friend that is selling his custom made cargo tray fabricated from aluminum, 20" long by 80" wide by 8" deep.
Secure basket to 2" x 2" tubular frame for connection to trailer receivers.
2 - 2" receiver tubes from Harbor Freight 18" long which get welded to the bottom side of the "I" beam frame on coach
2 - Flat Four trailer wire harness to coach stop lights and running lights to connect to trays Flat 4 wire harness, left and right side
2 - 5/8" receiver pins one of which is key locking style to prevent loss and theft.
1 - Ace of a MIG welder and his supplies
Several "C" clamps for temporary fastening and alignment of receiver tubes to tray tubes
And finally 1 can of Rust-O-Leum black paint to protect steel and Black exterior caulking to waterproof around welds and frame to prevent water and pest infiltration to belly of coach.
2015-10-31 12.28.29.jpg2015-10-31 12.27.22.jpg2015-10-31 12.26.56.jpg2015-10-31 12.26.53.jpg