Slide out

Jonny

Hi Everyone, my wife and I just bought our first "brand New " Camper. A 26' P BHS. We have had a couple used campers before this. We live in Maine and I'm wondering when I should put the slide out in.I know before snow flies will be a typical answer but we just picked it up 3 days ago and are swapping all the stuff from the old camper to the new.my concern is the seal on the slide out, we still have cool mornings and warm afternoons for another week or so. Thanks in advance.

jimtoo

hi Jonny,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

As long as your parked and level, you can leave the slide out all you want. I'm sure you will get some more suggestions from out other members that live up North.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

Never has been a concern for me, as long as the seals aren't frozen and stuck to the sides. I've opened and closed mine when it has been as low as 15 degrees...Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If you don't plan on using it it while it is parked for the winter, then put the slide in when you finish loading it up.

We leave our slides out all summer while parked in the yard, but it will be all buttoned up for the winter this coming weekend!