BC Chapter fall Rally

jpmorgan37

For information on crossing into Canada from the U. S., here is a phone number to call to get the latest info.

Canada Customs
28*176th Street
Surrey, BC V4P 1M7
Telephone (604) 538-3600
For general customs information: Within Canada - 1-800-461-9999; Outside Canada - 1-204-983-3500 Fax (604) 538-0293

The last time that I crossed into Ontario, they took our potatoes away from us. So this time, I'll call first.

John

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
John
We have had spuds taken away going south, to. If you cook them first then it would be ok. There is a mall in Chilliwack on the south side, that you will pass on your way. There is a Sears where there is lots of parking. In the Sears mall is a vegie market and across the street is Safeway. This time of year is also corn time. Lots of fresh corn all over the place.
The park ranger comes around about 5pm to collect. US dollars should not be a problem, I don't think they take credit cards.
At this time don't have anything for you bring except good weather and a great time.
Rand

Bill&Pat

Hello all, we are to be brand new owners of 21FBS North rail this Wednesday can't wait...We saw the post of the BC chapter meeting in Manning park and we would like to attend from the Okanagan, can you please provide us more info like reservation info etc .
Thanks
Bill

sailorand

Bill and Pat
Welcome to the Heatland Family.
There is no reservations at the Coldspring campground in Manning Park. Water is available at the Park Headquarters on the northside of highway 3 just east of the Manning Park lodge. Coldspring campground is to the west of the Manning Park lodge about 1 mile. Really nice place if the fall.
If there is any more info you need please

www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/ecmanning/

Rand and Beverly

bigredtruck

We hope to be there

We are just waiting for delivery of our Cyclone 3210 and hope to have it in time to join you all in Manning Park. We are very excited about our new rig. Now we just have to get rid of the old one! :eek:

sailorand

hi everyone
Looks like we might have 10 rigs coming to the rally at Coldsprings campground in Manning park. Talk it up with other Heartland owners.
we will have a good cross section of units.

bigredtruck

BC Rally

All things going as planned, we will be there!! Talked to Lakeshore this morning and our unit will be there on Friday. DH will fly out to do the PDI then hopefully it will be deliver before the Labour Day weekend so I can get our stuff into it and we can get it through customs and inspection. :p Then off to Manning Park to meet you all. Looking forward to it!

sailorand

As we get closer to the Rally I guess we should look at a what we can do for the time.
Thursday Sept 11 "early bird day" Happy hour then campfire after dinner
Friday Sept 12 Happy hour then campfire after dinner
Saturday Sept 13, 10 am, RV appreciation time, show off you RV and talk about improvements you have made.
Afternoon hiking and playtime.
6pm Potluck dinner then campfire
Sunday Sept 14, good bye's and head home.
Also bring fire wood for the evening campfires
Any other suggestions.

sailorand

Greets everyone
Here is the schedule for the BC Heartland Rally.
This is a Provincial Park so there is lots of wilderness to see. Sorry no wifi of cell coverage at the campground. You can get cell coverage at the park lodge about a mile away. There will be Ham radio on site for emergency's.
Water is available from the hand pump on site or pressure water to fill tanks and sewer dump about 2 miles to the east at the park ranger station.
Beverly and I will be leaving Sunday and staying overnight in Chilliwack, at the Sears parking lot and then going to Manning on Monday. Can't go too far the 1st day...

Thursday Sept 11 evening campfire
Friday Sept. 12 evening campfire
Saturday Sept 13 10am, coffee and fresh baked muffins, meet and greet, show us our mods and your unit
Afternoon, free time to explore Coldspring campground. Trails to walk, creek to explore and drive to the top of the mountain.
6pm, Potluck dinner, bring a dish, campfire after
Sunday Sept 14 9am, coffee and goodbye's
Bring your own cup and utensils, think slightly green and bring a little firewood
CU there

jpmorgan37

Hi Rand;

Still planning on coming and should be there on Friday afternoon. Going to stop at Camping World for my Dometic Refrigerator recall, so hopefully, should not take long. They won't let me bring fire wood across the border, so bring a little extra for us. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

See you soon,

John

sailorand

John
Had the recall done a while ago and it only took 10 minutes after they figured out the recall.
Don't worry about the wood, we know the border problems....

bigredtruck

we are crossing our fingers that our Customs paperwork will be done so we can be there. Taking the rig through today.
We will have lots of firewood as well, as we have the opposite problem -do most of our camping in Washington so can't take it south. But we have lots at the side of the house that needs to get used up:)

Cirrus

Hi to all......
My wife and I were there about 1 1/2 weeks ago and there was a "boil water advisory" at Coldspring campground (at this campground ONLY). This is no problem if you go to the RV station near the Logde and fill up there first......water is good at this RV dump/fill station.
The nights can be cool, but still not too cold by mid Sept. The best spots are backing onto the river because they are the farthest from the road noise and the river does provide some "white noise" to cover any other sounds........plus these sites are some of the prettiest.
I wish that we could be there with you folks, but the boss says that to keep the paycheque, I have to work during that period.
Enjoy and have fun.
Paul & Kathy
:)

sailorand

For those thinking about, how do we know which Bighorn is the right one for the Rally, just look the Heartland Owner's Club Banner that will be hanging from our awning

Bill&Pat

We will be there about noon on Friday and look forward to meeting everybody can't wait
Can we bring anything special ??
we have a little local peaches that we are bringing along anything else ??

Bill

bigredtruck

WE ARE IN!!!! Got our clearance this morning and DH will get the inspection and isurance done tomorrow. He should be there around noonish on Friday with kids and I will follow after work. See you all there!

jpmorgan37

Feeling Welcome

I wish that more of us from the USA could have attended the BC Chapter of the HOC. It was a fabulous weekend and I can't say enough about our friends from up NORTH!! Special thanks to Rand and Bev for the great job that they did in putting together the first BC Rally. They made us feel welcome and gave us a lot of interesting insight about the area surrounding Manning Provincial Park. The entertainment provided by Fiddler Kids was fantastic and the pot luck on Saturday night was out of this world. It was a great weekend and I'm so glad that we went.

John