Short queen modifications

We are considering doing some major remodeling to our EDGE M21; specifically tearing out the short queen, the storage box underneath, and cutting off the end cabinets on the sides of the bed at the head and replacing with some custom made twin bed frames on either side of the current location. We've seen this setup in some other travel trailers and like the look, especially when you put the extra piece in the opening between the beds to basically make a king size bed.

Has anyone heard of anyone doing this or is anyone aware of any structural issues we may be looking at? Any input would be greatly appreciated. You can respond directly to me at socrates50@sc.rr.com.

Thanks in advance.

pegmikef

I haven't heard of this being done, but that doesn't mean it can't be. I owned that model Edge for a while and I seem to recall that on the left side of the storage box there was some piece of equipment enclosed within the storage box (can't recall whether it was the pump, converter or WH, so you might want to check that out. How will this affect your pass through storage compartment since it is directly under the bed and cabinets and uses the rest of the space under the bed.

Rgill

I have had the same idea about twin bunks with some kind of seating in the middle. Socrates50, did you ever follow through with your plans? If you did a write-up here would be nice, perhaps with some pictures. The fresh water tank pump and pipes are under there.
Ray