2014 Gateway 3200RS slideout roller issues

JeffC

I just experienced the middle roller on the refrigerator side just fall off when trying to open the slide. Has anyone experienced this issue and what was the fix. I have an rv repair person taking a look at it and will probably be putting bolts into the floor instead of the wood screws from the factory. Any suggestions?

sengli

I am no expert, but I was under the impression that you needed to remove the slide to repair / replace those. I would be curious to hear how your repair person thinks he is going to fix that.

stesmi52

Just had the same issue fixed in my Bighorn 3070RL. An after market shop relocated the roller to the side an inch or two. Then installed 5 screws instead of 3, plus 2 in the edge of the particle board for good measure. The holes in the original location were pretty stripped and the shop was concerned about bolt heads catching on the floor. Ripping the linoleum again would have resulted in the 3rd time for the linoleum to be replaced. The shop also thought they might have to remove the slide to bolt it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JeffC

Just had the same issue fixed in my Bighorn 3070RL. An after market shop relocated the roller to the side an inch or two. Then installed 5 screws instead of 3, plus 2 in the edge of the particle board for good measure. The holes in the original location were pretty stripped and the shop was concerned about bolt heads catching on the floor. Ripping the linoleum again would have resulted in the 3rd time for the linoleum to be replaced. The shop also thought they might have to remove the slide to bolt it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info as I will talk to the RV service center this on Monday to see how they plan on repairing this. I do know that my rollers ride on what looks to be 1/4" plank which raises the slideout. I can see where the linoleum ends and is secured by staples which seems odd to me. My roller assembly had 4 screws in it and when it fell off gouged my linoleum which they said isn't covered by my easy care extended warranty. It sounded like the technician could jack up the center to be able to access the middle section to get bolts in the roller assembly so am now curious as to what I will be ending up with.

JeffC

This is my second 5th wheel and my first never had issues with the slideout before this so definitely need to learn more on how they operate and more importantly how to repair if something goes wrong. I know that if it takes a big forklift to pull the slideout from the body that I have no means to do so. It probably is the best way to fix issues with it and have some concerns that since the screws pulled out what it did to the wood/particle board underneath. I will talk to the rv repair center on Monday to see what they are coming up with. They said they needed 4 hours to do the job and I think they must have a different idea on how to fix it but now that you have raised the idea of needing to remove the slideout it has me concerned that I will be getting a makeshift fix. Thanks and will post what I end up with.

JeffC

I just went to pick up my fixed slideout with bolts instead of screws and asked about how they went about it. It seems the gateway has wood trim on the slideout that goes from the refrig past the stove that once pulled off you can access the roller assemblies. This is how they drilled holes and put bolts in both roller assembles of the slideout without pulling the slideout and also allowing for bolts to be used without gouging the floor. I will ask to get pictures from the repair center as pictures are worth a thousand words in this case.

farside291

On my Big Country, which is in the shop right now for the same reason, Heartland said they would have to hyper extend the slide to replace the roller. But my floor is tore up as well. Mine happened because the room wasn't adjusted properly when the hydraulics were changed. Not only did the room rip off the roller but when the room extended too far it bent the all the brackets on the bottom of the slide. The room came in caught the roller and ripped it off scooting it across the floor tearing up the floor. And your are correct the extended warranty won't touch the floor even though it was the slide that tore it up.