Pulling a 3650BH with a 2016 F350 Short Bed?

Glazed4az

Anyone out there pulling one of these trailers with a Short Bed F350? If so, are you using a Normal Hitch or Slider?

IronJ

Re: 3650BH 2016 F350 Short Bed.

I don't have a 3650 BUT I see it has the tight turn front cap...

You can EASILY GET 80+ degrees turning with that and a short bed...

Now as to slider or no....kinda depends on you and your comfort level and experience towing....

I originally had a slider in my 350 (pullrite super glide....hands down best slider out there) ...it's an auto slider so who is to really say if I would have ever ABSOLUTELY needed it??.. it's a non issue with the auto slide. ..

Went to a long bed and a B&W non slider...so now both my trucks have B&W turnover. ..I've pulled the trailer with the 350 short bed no slider and never had an issue...but if I weren't paying attention I could make it hit...

So with these new trailers, is it a must??. I don't personally think so, ...others less confident in their memory or skills or in terrain where trailer is way up a hill may disagree......and rightfully so...

I now have a pullrite slider sitting in my shop (for sale)simply for the reason the new long bed does not need it and it's easier to have one system for both trucks, and I have yet to say "MAN I wish I had a slider" the real problem with an f350 srw is trying to get the trailer level sitting on the monster truck height bed floor!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Anyone out there pulling one of these trailers with a Short Bed F350? If so, are you using a Normal Hitch or Slider?[/QUOTE

i have. 2015 short bed F350 with a curt slider. Have had it for about 2 years now and have not had to use it yet, but I never know when I might need it. I don't like back in spots so I try getting pull thru's when I can but have backed in when I had too. My rig has a 88 degree turn and have had no problems. My rig is a Heartland Silverado 2014.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I like to think that it is better to have the tool in the tool box if needed than be caught somewhere without it.

I have the Reese 16K Pro Slider . . . haven't used it yet, but I know I have it if I do need it!

And even with the 88-degree front end on the Prowler, it gets real close to the back window in a tight turn.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

I have a 2014 and converted my old hitch from a slider to a fixed hitch. I never used a slider in the past 9 years and changed it for that reason.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Anyone out there pulling one of these trailers with a Short Bed F350? If so, are you using a Normal Hitch or Slider?

I have the Pullrite Superglide in my SB F350. Regardless of my turns I know I have no worries about hitting cap to cab. Do I need it?...it's kind of like a surge protector-you really don't know how many saves there have been but you'd sure know the consequences otherwise.
Strictly a personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

I have the Pullrite Superglide in my SB F350. Regardless of my turns I know I have no worries about hitting cap to cab. Do I need it?...it's kind of like a surge protector-you really don't know how many saves there have been but you'd sure know the consequences otherwise.

That's a very good analogy.. Much better safe than sorry. Like getting a DRW truck instead of an overloaded SRW.

rjr6150

X's 2 here

maddog

Huhmina ! Huhmina!

PULLRITE Super Glide,,,worth every penny,,,,,no worries....

IronJ

Mine is still for sale if your close to texas!! Lol...I'll take 900 with capture plate.....that thing sure is heavy and in my way!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

brianlajoie

I also have a superglide. I like the fact that you can adjust the flange nut and eliminate any chucking going down the road. We have a couple of cement highways with formed control joints versus cut control joints here in Colorado where the adjusted flange nut helps out.