5th-wheel hitch covers . . . anyone make them?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm debating if I want to take my 5th-wheel hitch out of the back of the truck for the winter or maybe try to find a cover to put over it to keep the snow off of it.

I have a tarp big enough, but they always flap in the wind and make a lot of noise.

As would a large garbage bag . . .

I looked on Camping World's website and they don't seem to carry anything . . .

Does anyone know if there is such an item made?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I'm debating if I want to take my 5th-wheel hitch out of the back of the truck for the winter or maybe try to find a cover to put over it to keep the snow off of it.

I have a tarp big enough, but they always flap in the wind and make a lot of noise.

As would a large garbage bag . . .

I looked on Camping World's website and they don't seem to carry anything . . .

Does anyone know if there is such an item made?

Etrailer.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

Measure it up and go look at barbeque grill covers. Should be able to find one with a elastic around the bottom that will fit real well...Don

MTPockets

Hitch up to the trailer, pull pins on the hitch rails, raise the trailer and drive away, leaving the hitch on the pin Under the trailer cover.. Wrap plastic bag around it if you feel you need more.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Google fifth wheel hitch covers....lots of them out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Thanks for the ideas and links.

I've looked through the links and found one I may be interested in.

I also like the BBQ grill cover idea . . . never thought of that!

There is also a canvas company about a mile from my house and I may stop in there to see what they can do as well.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I had my pin box cover custom made at my local Tarp shop/Tent and Awning shop. $260.00
9c1f5a861254e940a10e10b3906a827c.jpg
b9dae64456149b74435ac27de9ef28ed.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya I know I was just giving you an idea of where and how much $$$
A place like that can custom make a cover to cover what ever you want. !!!!

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tapatalk

JohnD

Ya I know I was just giving you an idea of where and how much $$$
A place like that can custom make a cover to cover what ever you want. !!!!

That looks pretty cool!

There is a canvas shop not far from our house that I will probably talk to about this.

I really don't want to leave the hitch hanging from the pin box (safety hazard for nozy neighbor kids?) and I don't want to blow a nut lifting it out of the bed of the truck.

Plus, I could probably use that weight back there when the snow flies!

Oregon_Camper

I almost got a tonneau cover, but I am planning on getting a leuvered tailgate with the 5th-wheel notch in it, so the tonneau cover won't really do much good with that as far as security.

Oh...I was under the impression you were simply looking for something to cover the device...to protect from elements.

I'm guessing a Tonneau cover will still help. Not sure how many thieves will see a 5th wheel hitch and have all the tools and man power to remove and carry a 5th wheel hitch away.

JohnD

Oh...I was under the impression you were simply looking for something to cover the device...to protect from elements.

I'm guessing a Tonneau cover will still help. Not sure how many thieves will see a 5th wheel hitch and have all the tools and man power to remove and carry a 5th wheel hitch away.

I am looking for something to cover just the hitch . . . and not the whole bed.

A tonneau cover won't really be much good with a leuvered tailgate.

I almost got a tonneau cover when I sold my topper, but decided then not to.

danemayer

John,

How about a search on Amazon or Google for "Reese Hitch Cover" (sub the name of your hitch).

Crumgater

I was going to suggest a bed cover also... we have the "bak flip" cover, and it's worked great for us. You just roll it up when you hitch up, no need to remove the cover. Our hitch is low enough that it sits under the cover when we're unhitched - so we also have covered storage at camp sites after we arrive and get setup.

Aandaar

Hitch up to the trailer, pull pins on the hitch rails, raise the trailer and drive away, leaving the hitch on the pin Under the trailer cover.. Wrap plastic bag around it if you feel you need more.

I was think about doing this, I have the puck system in my RAM. How hard is it to hook back up and have you ever found it lying on ground after winter storage.