Fresh Water Tank

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
On all of our other rigs we have had a vent line for the fresh water tank usually vented right beside the fill neck. We do not have this line hooked up on our OM. It looks as if there is a place for it in the UDC but nothing is there. Is this necessary or can you do without it?

danemayer

The vent screen appears to be in the 10 o'clock position outside the gravity fill. If there's nothing hooked up to the other side, perhaps the factory has moved to overflow fittings on the tank, such as are used with the 4-way Valve. Are there any pex lines running outside the frame, perhaps terminating in a 90 degree Pex coupler?

If not, you might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them how the fresh tank is vented on your rig.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Yes there is, back by the axles. I was going to ask about that too. Thank you good sir.

Sent using my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Mike,

I have the overflows on mine behind the axles also. The 90 elbow was pointing straight up and when I overfilled the tank the water came out and drained back along the pex into the belly on the choroplast. I had to put several small holes in the belly to drain it. I have now turned the elbow at a 45 degree angle and when it overflows it goes straight to the ground.

Gregg

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Ours does the same Gregg. I will add that to my list. I was thinking of flipping it half around and adding a piece of pex to the elbow pointing straight down.