Low Point Drains

hboy1

Just a design suggestion- I'm seeing the low point drain valves under the enclosed belly exposed to the freezing weather. Wouldn't these low point valves freeze? It would be great to get these valves moved into the universal docking cabinet.

I have seen other manufacturers who do this. Seems smart.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
My Landmark doesn't have the old style low drain point valves. The only drain valve is for the fresh water tank and the ice maker line.

Lynn1130

Yes, they will freeze and can either be moved back up inside or insulated to prevent freezing.

happykraut

My Landmark doesn't have the old style low drain point valves. The only drain valve is for the fresh water tank and the ice maker line.
I understand that Heartland has done away with low point drains on a lot of their units. My 2014 Bighorn does not have them either.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had them freeze in Colorado one winter on a trip, even though they were wrapped in insulating pipe foam. Removed them. We also shortened the fresh tank drainline so we could tuck it up in the underbelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Our Landmark doesn't have low point drains. It does have a drain for the fresh water tank but we don't keep any water in it so it's open all the time. We keep one gallon of water in the shower when we travel to flush with.