Video of new motion detection light for light switches in closet.

GETnBYE

Title should say motion detection light. It was late, but we will blame auto correct. I don't know how to edit the title.
Ever go go into your camper in the dark or the entry light goes out before you get to the light switch. I found and added this. working great so far, although our video making is poor at best.
i plan to order another to go under my kitchen sink. $12.00, 4 triple a batteries not included.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013SQ1CHW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_u3xqwbSG684DK

Last edited:

Bones

Re: Video of new motion section light for light switches in closet.

Nice Looks good

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Liked what I saw in your video.

Just ordered two of them for our rig.

Thanks Nita.

P.S.
Got my lights yesterday and will install them in January when we leave
for Quartzite and Tucson.

Last edited:

pegmikef

Cool. Just ordered 2. Thanks for the tip.

TxCowboy

I have one from Amazon installed on the door. It activates when the door is opened. Shines right on the switches and goes out within about 15 seconds after you close the door.

IronJ

I have same one under the cabinet by my sink and also inside the switch door as you did....awesome lil lights....real bright too...and with light sensor won't turn on during the day!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

busted2341

Will you guys please post what type they are. We have searching (buying) all kinds and have yet to find one that really works. Either battery dies in 3 days or they just wont work...I have looked on amazon, there are so many. I want to place them cabinets but also in the cabinet where the switches are like the video, however I haven't found one that fits...

RoadJunkie

.Either battery dies in 3 days or they just wont work....

While it is true that the light doesn't turn on during daylight, and turns off 15 seconds after no sense of movement, the unit uses power in order to sense movement and determine if it's daylight or dark. I hope we can get a follow up on how long the batteries last under real world conditions.

GETnBYE

link to buy the one in the video

- - - Updated - - -

While it is true that the light doesn't turn on during daylight, and turns off 15 seconds after no sense of movement, the unit uses power in order to sense movement and determine if it's daylight or dark. I hope we can get a follow up on how long the batteries last under real world conditions.
That's a good reminder to take the batteries out for winterization.

IronJ

Installed mine in aug, it's now Nov and have the trailer out for last tailgate before I winterize and drop off at dealer for warranty repairs....same costoco brand aaa batteries and it's stilllllllll goinng bright!!...have not removed battieres for storage either..have been in whole time. ..

And the light under the kitchen cabinet comes on a LOT between my daughter and the dog running amok! ! Lol

I'd say battery life is pretty darn good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Hate to keep buying gimmicks that don't do what they say. I chumped on this and ordered 2 on Amazon. These things are awesome. Had to try it out in my closet. Works fantastic. Definitely put one in the switch cabinet and maybe the other one in the laundry closet. It doesn't have a light in it. Thanks for the tip.

yport

nice tip Wayne ... will do same thing as I have your same model with that pantry closet. One other thing I did tho was to apply a darker smoke film to the back of the glass (cheap at HD and real easy install) as I don't like being able to see the glowing lights through glass when door is closed or pantry items if too close to the door. Also applied it to the back of all the glass door inserts in the coach.

GETnBYE

nice tip Wayne ... will do same thing as I have your same model with that pantry closet. One other thing I did tho was to apply a darker smoke film to the back of the glass (cheap at HD and real easy install) as I don't like being able to see the glowing lights through glass when door is closed or pantry items if too close to the door. Also applied it to the back of all the glass door inserts in the coach.

Thanks for the tip, I have some serving dishes that are showing thru.
Anita