EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MO, Platte City - 6/3/2016 to 6/5/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

olcoon

Someone asked about a tour of the Ford assembly plant. From what I understand after 9-11 they suspended all public tours of the plant. The Harley Davidson plant isn't too far from where we'll be at but they don't have weekend tours. If you would be interested we could set one up I think you just show up. They have a free bare bones tour that lasts about 1 hour Mon-Fri. They also have an extended 2 hour tour Mon - Thur that is only in the morning but it costs $35.00 & you get a $5.00 gift card in their store.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
We will be at the rally, We will arrive June 1 and depart June 8.

Larry and Gayle

retired Missouri Chapter Leaders
Steve and Mary, We just got remedial 101 on this site so hopefully we will do much better. Look forward to seeing you guys in June. We appreciate your support

Larry and Gayle

- - - Updated - - -

Terry and Carol, We look forward to seeing you at our rally in June. I think the Texans will out number the Missouri. Thank you so much for the support of our rally

Larry and Gayle

- - - Updated - - -

Bart and Lori, Look forward to meeting you at our rally in June. I am hopeful that Roy and Sally will be able to find us some excellent KC BBQ. Thank you for supporting our rally.

Larry and Gayle

- - - Updated - - -

Lin and Debbie, Thank you for registering for our rally. Appreciate the support. I think you will be the lone Oklahoma rep. Look forward to seeing you.

Larry and Gayle

- - - Updated - - -

Bob, So glad you can come. Will all the Texans coming, we are going to have to call this the Very Far North Texas Rally. Thank you so much for supporting our rally.

Larry and Gayle

Larry and Gayle

retired Missouri Chapter Leaders
Missouri rally event has been updated with attendees and schedule of events. Lots of things to see and do around the area. Some of the points of interest include:
1. Fort Leavenworth
2. Jesse James history (Clay County--many points of interest)
3. Pony Express (St. Joseph)
4. Truman Library
5. Weston--old historic town
6. Steamboat Arabia Museum
7. Harley Davidson Factory
8. Also shopping, gambling, winery's, and lots of other things

Roy and Sally Evans are our experts on all things in this area. He has lived in the area his entire life and has even lived on the Jesse James farm for 7 years.

Hope to see you there. If you haven't registered yet, there is still time. We have 2 or 3 spaces left and could probably fit in more. It is June 3 through the 5th but you can come early and stay late and still not see all the sites in the area.

ctayloe07

Larry and Gayle, Happy to tell you Corbin and I are going to be at the MO Rally, we have called the park and they said everything is ok. Please add us to the list. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Flora Tayloe

olcoon

Thought I'd throw this out there for any of you ladies that are attending the Missouri Rally and are quilters. A little over an hour away in the town of Hamilton is Sally's favorite quilt shop, Missouri Star Quilt Company (LINK). Sally said she'd be willing to go if anyone wants to make the trip. Sally says the owner has a bunch of tutorial videos on YouTube, so possibly you have seen one of her videos. Also for the guys, in the general area there are some worthwhile sights to see. Hamilton is where JC Penny got his start, from there is the boyhood home of Gen. "Black Jack" Pershing, and the boyhood home of Walt Disney. Also in nearby Chillicothe, MO is the home of sliced bread. Supposedly this is the first place in the US where you could buy sliced bread...don't think there is a museum or anything on it, just possibly a mural on the side of a building.

Roy

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
I agree with Peggy. I love that store and their videos even though its online.
Count me in.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Carol and I decided to downsize to a smaller house and will be preparing to put our house on the market asap. We have canceled our reservations with the park. See Additional Details.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Thought I'd throw this out there for any of you ladies that are attending the Missouri Rally and are quilters. A little over an hour away in the town of Hamilton is Sally's favorite quilt shop, Missouri Star Quilt Company (LINK). Sally said she'd be willing to go if anyone wants to make the trip. Sally says the owner has a bunch of tutorial videos on YouTube, so possibly you have seen one of her videos. Also for the guys, in the general area there are some worthwhile sights to see. Hamilton is where JC Penny got his start, from there is the boyhood home of Gen. "Black Jack" Pershing, and the boyhood home of Walt Disney. Also in nearby Chillicothe, MO is the home of sliced bread. Supposedly this is the first place in the US where you could buy sliced bread...don't think there is a museum or anything on it, just possibly a mural on the side of a building.

Roy

For any of the guys taking their better halves here, the place is well thought out with a Man's Land. See http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/introducing-mans-land/
Image1464017716.464352.jpgImage1464017728.187669.jpg

olcoon

WOW! Sally told me they had something like this, but I wasn't aware it would be this good!!!

olcoon

Thought I'd give those coming up from the South a little heads up on some road construction. On the way back from the Arkansas rally, everything went pretty smooth until we got to about mile marker 60 on I-435. At least that is where the construction starts. It was backed up way before that, there are 3 lanes and they have one closed...the far right hand one, so if you get into either of the left lanes they'll be going better. I was in the far left lane, and it wasn't fast, but faster than the other one. It lasts for about 3 miles, after that is't smooth sailing. Also, after you cross the Missouri River you'll be going up a long hill, when you crest the hill (depending on traffic), there will be an amusement park (Worlds of Fun) consider getting into one of the left hand lanes, as you'll be staying on I-435, and it veers off to the left about a mile after the crest of the hill. If you get stuck in the right hand lane you'll have to take I-35 & the construction there is a real nightmare!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the info Roy, I'll have to keep this in mind when we leave on Monday.

pegmikef

I keep getting flood alert warnings for the Platte City area and the latest one is effective until Wednesday afternoon, the day we are arriving.

Are we going to run into any problems with this flooding like low water crossings or flash flooding? Thanks for any info you can give us.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
I keep getting flood alert warnings for the Platte City area and the latest one is effective until Wednesday afternoon, the day we are arriving.

Are we going to run into any problems with this flooding like low water crossings or flash flooding? Thanks for any info you can give us.

Mike,
We came in today and it wasn't a problem. I also received the warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.