EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MO, Platte City - 6/3/2016 to 6/5/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We arrived about 4:30 this afternoon. Parked right next to us is a new Landmark 365 with a truck just like Lin and Deb's. I went over and met them and learned that they are Mike and Diane, new full timers that are still checking out their new rig. They are in the Arizona chapter and very interested in joining us at the rally.

olcoon

Mike,
As far as the flood warnings, I wouldn't worry about it too much. After you leave I-29 I think there was one sign warning about watching for possible flooding, but it's a permeant sign. We haven't had more than a slight shower the past 2 days so things are starting to dry out...BUT, rain is in the forecast for tomorrow & Wed., Wednesday they are talking about a shower & possible thunderstorm in the morning. So by the time you guys get up here any flash flooding "should" be gone. The ground is pretty saturated by the rain we've gotten. If you want when you get closer, give me a call. 816-769-5411

olcoon

Mike, I don't know if you'll see this before you leave or not, haven't been on here since last night. From Carthage you'll go North on I-49, take that to I-435 North towards, take I-435 North to I-29 North towards St. Joseph, MO. From there, here are the directions from the park's website.
Take I-29 to exit 18 (Hwy 92 at Platte City).
Go east on Hwy 92 for 3.7 miles.
(Look for the big sign on your driver's side.)
Go north on Winan Road for 1.7 miles.
Turn left at Interurban Road.
We're one block up on the left

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, we made it home today from the Missouri Rally. Thank you to Larry and Gayle, Roy and Sally for hosting this Rally. We had a great time!!!

olcoon

Glad y'all enjoyed the rally, even if you didn't get a chance to explore. Also glad you made it home safely!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.