Elkridge E292 5Th Wheel

Taint

Looking for feedback on the Elkridge E292 but appreciate any on the light E Series..., We are considering this as a new rv

danemayer

Hi Taint,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to get answers and hopefully other Elkridge owners will chime in with their comments shortly.

I've moved your thread to the Elkridge sub-forum.

'Lil Guy'

I just got rid of a E289 and loved it. It doesn't compare with our new BH but is was a really nice well built rig. Sure pulled better than these bigger full profile rigs. That unit fills a place in the 5e's line and does a nice job of it. I only had mine a short time but it was as nice when we sold it as when we bought it. Never had a single issue with it. I immediately dumped the d rated tires and got e rated installed on larger wheels. I was pulling with a ram 2500 4X4 and it needed extra lift to pull level. Again, it's not the full proffile but is a great rig for everything but full timing.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner bumper pull trailer and one day last spring we saw an Elkridge E292 and loved it.

However, it was too heavy for our new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, which was more than enough truck for the Trail Runner, and we didn't want to turn around and buy another new truck so soon.

At the same dealership where we saw the Elkridge, they also had a Sundance 292, which was basically the same trailer, but it was still too heavy for our truck.

After we got home I started looking through the Heartland website and discovered the Prowler P292, which had the exact same layout as the Elkridge and Sundance 292's, but was well within the tow capacity of our truck.

Found two of them at a local dealership online so I went up and looked at them.

Long story short . . . we now own one of those 2015 Heartland Prowler P292's and love it!

ProwleratBlueMesa-P1010116.jpg ProwlerSunsetBVKOA-P1000402.jpg ProwlerAtArbys2015-P1000174.jpg

Attachments

• ProwlerAtMountaindale-P1000126.jpg
    ProwlerAtMountaindale-P1000126.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 16