Outdoor Speakers need replacing

Redrider007

Has anyone replaced their outdoor speakers-One of mine is bad and it isn't worth taking to the dealer. The stock Jensen speaker is pretty cheap but I'm having a hard time finding one better that is 5.25" with a 1 1/2" depth. Can't go any deeper with mount which is making it hard to find a set of new ones that are a different model.

GOTTOYS

Mine are junk. But then they were when they worked also. I'm just going to cover the openings to keep the water out and disconnect them. I'll leave the grills in place to cover the holes. It's a hassle to run in and out to adjust the volume or change the station anyway. A good boombox or portable radio is just fine for me....Don

Geodude

I have to agree re quality. I can't believe for a high end trailer that they install outdoor speakers that retail for a whopping $9.95. Pretty lame. And if you're running them and can adjust things to sound even halfway decent, that same setting spoils the sound inside. So we rarely use our outside speakers as a result. I would like to upgrade them at some point to something of much higher quality that will sound good at very low volumes.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I apologize for not having the time to find them, but if you do not care if the new speakers are flat against your rig, there is an adapter somewhere that allows for the deeper cone a 2 or 3 way speaker has. If memory serves they stick out about an inch more than the speakers you have. I am planning on replacing mine this summer. I was looking at Jensen marine speakers when I found them. I have seen them on a couple of other brands.

jbeletti

I apologize for not having the time to find them, but if you do not care if the new speakers are flat against your rig, there is an adapter somewhere that allows for the deeper cone a 2 or 3 way speaker has. If memory serves they stick out about an inch more than the speakers you have. I am planning on replacing mine this summer. I was looking at Jensen marine speakers when I found them. I have seen them on a couple of other brands.

Speaker Spacers - link
51WPW8weWhL.jpg

pegmikef

Thanks for the link Jim. I need to replace mine. Fortunately mine are on a separate audio system in the basement so settings only affect outside speakers.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Funny story... Back when we had frame flex work at the HL factory, while waiting in Elkhart, we went to one of the local RV salvage places and I found replacement speakers (pair for about 11.99) so I bought them, knowing ours needed replacement. When we got the rig back, HL had replaced both speakers, even though we never said anything to them about it. :)

We've since had to replace them again, and guess what! I used the ones I bought. I think we've used the outdoor speakers 2-3 times in the 5 years of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Just to toss out other alternatives for consideration, there are a ton of smaller, portable speakers that can do the job as good as, or even better than, what we have installed on the outside of our RVs.

Goggle "CANZ speakers" and you'll see a lot of blu-tooth or direct connect (via 10mm cable) speaker options.

We have two of these CANZ 808s and love 'em. They blu-tooth link to our phones so we have I-heart-radio and Pandora wherever we want it or we can hook them to the outdoor television via 10mm cable (found everywhere) when watching the ball games with friends.