Slide fully extending?

We just got our 2013 Big Country 3450 and the kitchen slide "does not look" like it is going all the way out. It looks like it should go out another inch or so. I have drawers from the inside wall that actually hit the slide if I am not very careful when I open them. Is it possible to have the slide adjusted so it goes out a little more. I am attaching a few pics so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks for any help you can give.

Attachments

• IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 104

Bones

We just got our 2013 Big Country 3450 and the kitchen slide "does not look" like it is going all the way out. It looks like it should go out another inch or so. I have drawers from the inside wall that actually hit the slide if I am not very careful when I open them. Is it possible to have the slide adjusted so it goes out a little more. I am attaching a few pics so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks for any help you can give.
Can you put your fingers between the slide and the seal? Is the slide hydraulic?

Yes, my fingers easily go in between the slide and the seal but I don't know if it electric or hydraulic for sure. Hubby is thinking electric but I do have hydraulic levelers, if that tells you anything.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
should be hydraulic. I would first check to see if anything is caught either under or along side the edge of the slide. If not then maybe the slide needs adjustment.

Oregon_Camper

From your picture, that is clearly not correct. You should never be able to see the white part of the slide. The gasket isn't touching the slide out wall like it should.

pegmikef

should be hydraulic. I would first check to see if anything is caught either under or along side the edge of the slide. If not then maybe the slide needs adjustment.

What Jim said. I have had the craziest stuff caught between the wood trim on the sides of the slides and the wall. Once it was a cd plastic case and the other time it was one of those throwaway cardboard/plastic pepper shakers that got left out and hit the floor when we closed the slides or while driving to our next site. Apparently it does not take much resistance to stop the slides as it kept the slide out part way, but had squashed the items a little.

TxCowboy

We cannot find anything under the slide. I guess I'll call my dealer and ask them?

Cindy, do that. If you can take a couple of pics, you might want to send them along to the dealer as well. Keep the pics as you might also need to send them to HL for any warranty work.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Cindy, it might be as simple as adjusting the big nut on the hydraulic slide ram out. You would need to loosen the outer nut to do this. Sometimes the nuts get loose. Adjust them a little at a time while running the slide in and out to test the fit.

Bones

First things first before adjusting the nut is to see if you can physically push the slide out the rest of the way. This should be a good indicator if it is stuck on something.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
And be careful when adjusting the slide as if you make it come out or go in too far there could be too much pressure on the outer wall causing it to crack. Not trying to scare you just letting you know if you do the adjustment yourself do it a little bit at a time. Don't rush the job.

Thank you everyone. I called my dealer and he is going to look at it next week. I'll let you know if I still have a problem after that.
PS. You guys are great!

Bones

Good but you can always see for your self if the slide will move anymore that way you know for sure it needs to go out more.