Another wet underbelly question

stevebotts

We too have water in the underbelly with no apparent water inside the RV. No wet walls, ceiling or rugs. Additionally to having lots of water running out from the underbelly, I took the wall out from the basement and looked at the top of the black tank. There was fresh water sitting on top of the black tank also. Since I do not know where all the tanks are located, does anyone have any idea about where all this water could be coming from? We have left the water pump on and it does not cycle so I do not think it is a leak in a water line. HELP!!

Have you pulled in a lot of rain. I had a problem with water in the underbelly after pulling in heavy rain with our former Big Horn.

JanAndBill

We too have water in the underbelly with no apparent water inside the RV. No wet walls, ceiling or rugs. Additionally to having lots of water running out from the underbelly, I took the wall out from the basement and looked at the top of the black tank. There was fresh water sitting on top of the black tank also. Since I do not know where all the tanks are located, does anyone have any idea about where all this water could be coming from? We have left the water pump on and it does not cycle so I do not think it is a leak in a water line. HELP!!

Start tracing your water lines. Lots of times a leak in a line will show up as standing water on the tanks. Inspect the vent lines where they attach to your holding tanks. We had a crack in one of ours right at the tank.

bdb2047

Try checking vacuum breaker for black tank flusher.Mine is located behind shower in wall access panel in shower. Don't know what camper you have locations for valve are different.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Driving in the rain can/will get water in the underbelly. I suggest that you drill a 1/4" hole in the low spots in coroplast and let the water drain out. This way, if you do have a leak, you will see water dripping. NOTE: drill very carefully so you don't drill a hole in a holding tank. Put a piece of rubber hose on the drill bit with only 1/4" of the bit showing.

busted2341

I did not notice my second water leak until I saw the dripping through a little hole I always drill in the covering of the underbelly. Determined the refrigerator water line had been leaking for some time. Had already saturated the insulation and was now starting to sag the underbelly covering...Just because there is no wetness in the coach does not mean there is no leak. If there is water----there is a leak....

OldTanker

Don't let water leaks go for any length of time. I just found out that the leaking icemaker line on the fridge has taken out the entire floor of the slideout. The thing is delaminating on the bottom and self destructing from operating the slide.