Shower Drain

TXTiger

Hello everyone. Its been a long time since I posted anything. Been under the radar for awhile. I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014 and my shower is draining slowly. I purchased a wand at Home Depot and it helped clear the clog but now just a few weeks later it is back to draining slowly again. My question is, can I pour liquid drano into the drain or will this hurt or damage the plastic pipes and/or holding tank? Any other ideas on how to clear the shower drain?

GregP

If you want to try something a little less caustic than Drano, try pouring a bit (quarter cup or less) of baking soda into the drain and follow that with some white vinegar. It will foam up like crazy for a while, but when the foaming stops, try adding a bit more vinegar. Let the concoction sit in the drain for a half hour or so, then flush it out with hot water. Shower drains get a lot of soap/hair accumulation and RV's are designed to keep fresh water use to a minimum so that normal drainage flow may not be enough to keep the drains clear. This is a good preventative measure to keep all drains clear, and is safer than Drano or similar products.

pegmikef

Thanks for the tip Greg. I am going to try it today. Mine is a little slow, but it could probably drain a little faster.