Dealer calls me after 5 years but no longer is Heartland dealer

Pizzaguy

I received a phone call from a large dealer with multiple stores where we had looked at trading my SOB five years ago for a Bighorn.She asked me if I was still looking. I told her I have owned 2 Bighorns since we were there and she proceeded to tell me that they no longer handle Heartland, but now carry Montana and Redwood. I told her Montana quality does not even compare to Bighorn ( owned one ) and I don't like any of Redwood's floor plans. I then asked why don't you carry Bighorn anymore? Her excuse was that Heartland did not stand behind their warranty very well and it was hard to get parts from them. I said I didn't believe that and the dealer we purchased from said they were great.That pretty much ended the conversation. Needless to say I won't have to waste my time going to see what they have in the future. The funny part is that I called them when Bighorn first came out with the front living room a couple years ago as they were the first ones around to get one in, and they never did call me back then!

sengli

We were in a general RV store looking for big horns several months ago. Their signs stated they carried big horns. But when we arrived they had no heartland products at all. The sales guy danced around the fact that the SOB fivers they now carried...were better made. I think they just got better pricing on these other brands, which equates to more profit.

Mburtsvt

It’s the old “sell what you got when they walk on the lot” mentality. Fortunately the consumer is getting smarter - the dealers - not so much.

DougS

Doug S
This summer I called 7 companies for a price on a BigHorn with a detailed list of options and of the 7 only 3 called back with a price. I guess from your post I can expect calls up to 5 years from now.