Norcold 2118

rmathews

Hello All!
I just picked up the 2016 Bighorn 3585RL and on my second day of camping in this beautiful trailer. I'm so glad Heartland now installs the electric / gas refrigerators in this model.

The fridge is the Norcold 2118 - dual doors.

Cosmetic question: The right side doors are 1/2" lower than the left side doors. Does anyone on this forum know if there's an adjustment I can make to correct this situation?
Instructions would be useful as I'm very mechanically inclined.

Everything else so far is excellent!

Thanks in advance.

Rick

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Hello All!
I just picked up the 2016 Bighorn 3585RL and on my second day of camping in this beautiful trailer. I'm so glad Heartland now installs the electric / gas refrigerators in this model.

The fridge is the Norcold 2118 - dual doors.

Cosmetic question: The right side doors are 1/2" lower than the left side doors. Does anyone on this forum know if there's an adjustment I can make to correct this situation?
Instructions would be useful as I'm very mechanically inclined.

Everything else so far is excellent!

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Look under the "TOOLS" tab in the forum and find manual for NORCOLD model. If not go online and research NORCOLD model and download there manual for adjustment.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a link to the manual in Tools that Murry135 referred to. [LINK]
I saw no instructions on adjusting the door.
You might want to give Norcold a call. Their number is listed on page one of that manual.

Peace
Dave

rmathews

Thanks for the responses. I forgot to mention I do have the manual and have read it - there's no mention on how to adjust the doors.
I'll be calling the factory direct service number that's listed on the back of the closet door in the entry way.

danemayer

A 1/2" difference is pretty big and if there were an adjustment, I doubt it would have that much range. I'd take a look at the brackets to see whether there's a difference in how they're mounted left and right.

rmathews

ATF: Bighorn - Norcold 2118SS Door Alignment

Hello All!
I picked up the 2016 Bighorn 3585RL last Friday and enjoyed the weekend in it! During this first trip we noticed the right side fridge doors are about 1/4" lower than the left side doors. (Norcold 2118SS)
I have called Norcold and spoke with a representative - they told me they would email me the door installation manual - still haven't received it. After 2 emails and several days, I received a message to do this" raise that right side door using a thin washer on the bottom hinge pin. That will raise the door to sit even with the left door. There is a flathead screw on the top of the door, you would take that off and lift the door off. Put the washer on the bottom pin and put the door back in place."

My concern is the number of washers needed to eliminate a 1/4"gap. Any confirmation about this?

Attachments

• 12315003_10208205712490206_330990018_o.jpg
    12315003_10208205712490206_330990018_o.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 12333116_10208205717050320_295464189_o.jpg
    12333116_10208205717050320_295464189_o.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 42

rmathews

I can find spacers to fill in the space, but concerned about seeing the spacers or the alignment of the latches. Is there any adjustment of the brackets them selves? Spending this much money on a new coach I can expect better. :)

danemayer

I can find spacers to fill in the space, but concerned about seeing the spacers or the alignment of the latches. Is there any adjustment of the brackets them selves? Spending this much money on a new coach I can expect better. :)
Norcold warrants the refrigerator. If they built it wrong, perhaps they'll replace it for you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is the gap between the doors the same at the top and bottom?
It's possible that the refrigerator box somehow shifted and tweaked the box out of square.

Peace
Dave

rmathews

I bought a spacer at Hope Depot and cut to size and painted black with a sharpie ....both doors are aligned now.