Las Vegas, NV RV Parks

crussian

Hi Folks - thinking of Las Vegas and rather than stay in hotel rooms, would prefer to pull my Oakmont. Anyone have good experiences up Vegas way? Although only for 4/5 nights, price hopefully won't exceed $50 a night. Full hook-up nice, but not required. If they have shuttles to the strip I would consider that a huge plus.

Thanks in advance.

FLOYD PHILBROOK

Nevada Chapter Leader
Arizonia Charlies on bolder highway or Oasis on south side of town. There is public transportation and both are on the bus line. Floyd

kowAlski631

We liked Canyon Trail RV Park in Boulder City, NV. It's not in Las Vegas, but an easy drive in or to Hoover Dam (make sure you take the dam tour) and to several ghost towns. Not sure about shuttles since we drove in and valeted the truck.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Circus Circus has an RV park. The last time I researched the park prices were 36-46 a night.

Not any longer. It closed within the last year. Was a KOA. Sams town on Boulder hwy is now the KOA. We stayed last year at Sams town pre-koa for $30. Probably higher price now that it's a KOA. Was ok although nothing to brag about. Shuttles to the strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Have stayed at The Oasis many times. Close to the strip and has about everything. Try to get in the back away from I-15, it is a bit quieter. Trace

gasman

Camp Socializer
We have stayed at the Las Vegas RV Resort several times. It is on Nellis jst around the corner from Sams Town. About a month ago I made a reservation for March and they had a special going on for $29/day.

MTPockets

Not any longer. It closed within the last year. Was a KOA. Sams town on Boulder hwy is now the KOA. We stayed last year at Sams town pre-koa for $30. Probably higher price now that it's a KOA. Was ok although nothing to brag about. Shuttles to the strip.

. We always like Sam's Town. We were there the day Circus Circus was closed. The KOA employees moved over to Sam's to assume operating the park. Sam's still owns the park and we were told that the prices would stay the same.. That was then; I haven't checked, but would stay there again.

travelin2

You can easily park your TV at the Fashion Show Mall. Find a spot in the garage near the Nordstrom entrance. High and wide. Mall is at northern end of strip.
Don't miss the Fremont experience in downtown Las Vegas. Go at night for the lights and glitz. Self pay open lot parking nearby.

travelin2

. We always like Sam's Town. We were there the day Circus Circus was closed. The KOA employees moved over to Sam's to assume operating the park. Sam's still owns the park and we were told that the prices would stay the same.. That was then; I haven't checked, but would stay there again.

I'd stay there again too if the prices didn't jump to typical KOA pricing. Park was more than adequate for price we paid in June '14.
Chose the location because my sister lives close by.

texasron

We stay in Vegas 5 to 7 months a year, we have a Thousand Trails Membership, we stay 3 weeks for free out 1 week then in for another 3 weeks. On our weeks out we stay either at Main Street Station RV park for $20.oo per night or Duck Creek for $17.50 per night hope this helps.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Boulder Highway has started sliding downhill from what it was back in the 80's. MIL lived over there for years, right behind Sam's Town and it was nice.

We stayed at Sam's Town a few years ago and there were noisy police choppers circling the area all night. A friend in Vegas told me hookers are being picked up all the time right out front.

On a positive note however, you can walk right across the street to Walmart. Trace

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We stayed at Sam's Town a few years ago and there were noisy police choppers circling the area all night. A friend in Vegas told me hookers are being picked up all the time right out front.

On a positive note however, you can walk right across the street to Walmart. Trace

Well . . . no wonder that place is always busy! :cool:

gasman

Camp Socializer
Boulder Highway has started sliding downhill from what it was back in the 80's. MIL lived over there for years, right behind Sam's Town and it was nice.

What?? I've never been able to find hookers there!!

crussian

Thanks folks. Our next trip will include our 5th wheel and I wanted to be sure that there are plenty of RV parks that would provide the bare necessities. Sounds like there are plenty to choose from.

Again, many thanks for taking the time to repond.

Safe travels.