ATF: ElkRidge - Auto level / couch-dining

Good Morning, I have just purchased a 2015 38RSRT and am have a couple questions.
1) it appears the dining booth and couch are one piece. is it possible to remove that an install a regular couch and dining table with 4 chairs? the way it wraps around the dining area doesn't leave enough room for 4 to sit.
2) The unit has power front and rear jacks - how difficult/costly is it to make it autolevel?
3) toward front of living room there is a small couch against wall on platform with vent and drawer. can that be removed and couch put in it's place?

Thank you,
Todd

danemayer

Hi Todd,

Congratulations on your new ElkRidge and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There's a great group of friendly and helpful people here. I'm pretty sure you're not the first who wanted to make these types of changes so I expect other owners who have done so will chime in shortly.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Since this is a fairly new floorplan, I've not seen folks with it posting here. You might consider contacting Heartland and ask for the ElkRidge GM, he will probably have more insight on how the unit is constructed and what could be done. Kudos to you for wanting to make it your own!! Let us know what you find out and post pics of you decide to take on the projects!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Good Morning, I have just purchased a 2015 38RSRT and am have a couple questions.
1) it appears the dining booth and couch are one piece. is it possible to remove that an install a regular couch and dining table with 4 chairs? the way it wraps around the dining area doesn't leave enough room for 4 to sit.
2) The unit has power front and rear jacks - how difficult/costly is it to make it autolevel?
3) toward front of living room there is a small couch against wall on platform with vent and drawer. can that be removed and couch put in it's place?

Thank you,
Todd

Todd,
I recall when we purchased our 2015 ElkRidge, the one piece dinette and couch was standard but also had an option for the separate couch and dining room set. So it should be possible, unless something is changed.

- - - Updated - - -

The ElkRidge Resort was out in 2015. We looked real close at that unit but did not want 2 full bathrooms. We just want to the bath and a half.

JeromyS

Thank you,
Todd

First sorry for the slightly delayed reply. Haven't been as active on the forums since my coach turned into a full time habitat for my MIL.

For #3 I had the 6 point level-up auto-leveling system installed on my 2013 37 Ultimate. It was around 5 grand and required me to get my coach back to the factory (luckily it was going back for some work anyhow). It's quite a bit more expensive than getting the system installed as a factory custom order but I'm not sure that they offer that option on the 38RSRT.

Enjoy the new coach!