Remote Control stopped working on Bedroom slide

teasac69

Kinda weird I think that the remote control works fine for everything but suddenly the remote won't operate the bedroom slide?? anyone experience this? have any ideas about what the problem might be? where is the operator/receiver for the remove and I'm wondering if it's more of the wiring problems I had with my leveling system.

Also, the stereo in the basement has lost power and won't operate. no luck tracing it down either.

thanks always :mad:

danemayer

Hi Tim,

Somewhere in the cabinets near the interior stairs, there's a panel that is held in place by a couple of screws. You'll need a flashlight to find the panel. The remote's receiver/brain is there and if there's a wiring problem it may also be back there. It's also possible it might need to be re-programmed, in which case these instructions may help.

The radio may be 12V in which case you should start at the fuse box. Don't depend on the LEDs next to the fuses. They'll only light up for a blown fuse if there's also a load on the circuit.

Geodude

I experienced that same problem a couple of times. The dealer will get it going, then it "forgets" again. The dealer has a new control board on order.

dbbls59

Same thing happened to me the first year. Dealer had to reprogram the remote.That was 3 years ago and it is still working.

teasac69

Kinda weird I think that the remote control works fine for everything but suddenly the remote won't operate the bedroom slide?? anyone experience this? have any ideas about what the problem might be? where is the operator/receiver for the remove and I'm wondering if it's more of the wiring problems I had with my leveling system.

Also, the stereo in the basement has lost power and won't operate. no luck tracing it down either.

thanks always :mad:

No luck with remote reprogramming, guess it's off to the dealer we go. Sure hate to lose my coach for 6 weeks to get my remote updated/reprogrammed?????? :(

On a positive note, I did find a 5 am fuse blown in the back of the basement stereo so we're back in business with my favorite tunes outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tim,

Somewhere in the cabinets near the interior stairs, there's a panel that is held in place by a couple of screws. You'll need a flashlight to find the panel. The remote's receiver/brain is there and if there's a wiring problem it may also be back there. It's also possible it might need to be re-programmed, in which case these instructions may help.

The radio may be 12V in which case you should start at the fuse box. Don't depend on the LEDs next to the fuses. They'll only light up for a blown fuse if there's also a load on the circuit.

Dan,
Just curious, never seen that "receiver" panel on the remote before. where and how do you access that panel? I can't seem to find it on my 3875 BH??

thanks
Tim

Geodude

I just came home from our dealer with our trailer. It turns out they replaced the "brains" of the remote control. Apparently they now have a new design for this board, as the old design I had exhibited problems with blowing fuses and then connections melting and that's why certain functions fail. The alternative, I was told, is to go in and move the wires for that function that failed to a new spot and then I guess you'd have to reprogram your remote.