Cyclone 3611JS Questions

SparkyD

Aloha, first post! My wife and I have been doing time on the rock (Maui) for about 10 years, and plan on moving back to mainland in 2016. We want to head out on a year long (or more) road trip, with our 3 young children. We've narrowed down our RV of choice to a Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler, specifically the 3611JS. We love the floor plan. It's new, so I can't find much info on it. We have a couple questions/concerns, we'd love some insight on:

1. What is the base price? It's not listed on the 10/15/15 MSRP sheet.
  2. Is this model available now? Can it be ordered from the factory?
  3. Is the Cyclone package ($6,778) included in base price? It looks like that cost gets deducted from options at the bottom of the sheet.
  4. Where can I learn more about specific options? (Decked out, 3 season garage wall, arctic package, dual pane windows, etc.) We don't have any Heartland Dealers in Hawaii to talk to.
  5. Would anyone be concerned about the Jumbo Slide? (a slide within a slide) It seems like there could be a lot of weight cantilevered out there with 4 adults sitting on the couch.
  6. Will they install a washer/dryer combo from the factory? I don't see that option.

I have a million more questions, but will leave it at that for now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
SparkyD.........Merry Christmas to you and the family. Most of your questions can be answered by calling to factory at the number listed on the portals page and ask for the toy hauler team.

As far as ordering, you need to go through a dealer
Washer and Dryers are not installed at the factory but through a dealer.
Wish I could help more, but maybe some others will jump in.

By the way, I think the factory is closed until after the 1st of the year.

hboy1

I don't have one of these, but I'll share what I have learned from shopping the Heartland TH.

I have not seen any for sale, only available for 'pre-order'. MSRP is not out there yet (for consumers anyway)....

The cyclone package has been included in the base price. It seems they list it as an option on the MSRP sheet, but back it out when subtotaling.

I wouldn't count on the decked out option sticking around. I think it includes an outdoor grill, steps for the ramp/patio option, and trash can. To learn more about the other options, I would look into other cyclone (or heartland line of) toy haulers. Youtube, dealer web sites, etc. Most rigs I've seen on the ground have the 3 season wall. I've ordered a rig with the wall too. If I were using the garage for toy storage, I probably would not have got the 3 season wall tho (have 3 kids and will be using as a bedroom for now). The dual pane windows, the people who have them, I've seen say they would never be without them. Most I have learned from folks who have them is they can help reduce outside noise, and interior condensation, and help insulate the rig. On the other hand, I've read the window seal can fail (like residential windows) and get cloudy.... For my money, I'm probably going to not pay for the dual pane window option. If I'm cold weather camping, full timing, I would probably feel different.

I'm concerned about the jumbo slide from a 'what can go wrong' perspective. I think it's a cool concept and would add a lot to the interior space. I guess like with all new things, only time will tell.

You may want to double check this floor plan. I don't see that a washer/dryer prep is available on this one. It's my understanding that if the rig is not designed with a washer/dryer prep package, then it is not a factory option. I'm sure this is a modification that can be made, but then is that a modification that you really want to make.? Not all the rigs have the option to install a washer/dryer. If the rig is designed with the W/D prep, the floor plan on their web site will reflect that. It's usually in the garage, or bedroom closet. The 3611JS does not show a W/D prep.

Good luck!

SparkyD

Thank you both for your replies. After posting, I did realize that the 3611JS was missing the W/D hookups. It's not a deal breaker, but a little disappointing. HBoy1, we too are looking for a toy hauler for our 3 young kids. No toys to haul (for now). They really seem the most flexible. We will be full timing for a while, and may consider the dual pane windows. Have you heard that the Decked Out package would be going away? One of the downsides to toy haulers for us is the lack of an outdoor kitchen. An outdoor grill would have helped in that regard.

The jumbo slide makes the inside seem less cramped. I hope they don't turn out to have issues. As you said, time will tell.

We are flying to Seattle for an RV show there in February, and can't wait to see some different floor plans. Let me know what model(s) you are considering for your family. Thanks again!

hboy1

I did hear that the decked out package could be going away, or be changing. No inside source or anything. I think it was a sales person who was told by a sales rep.

Personally, i would not sweat the outdoor kitchen. I used to want one, but after being around them, I would prefer to not have one. I use a camp chef 2 burner stove run off the RV propane quick connect. It's easy to set up. Clean. And replace if I want to. The RV kitchen has a small sink, typically small faucet, small burner. Its a great option to be able to fry the bacon outside, and have some counter space, but if I had an outdoor kitchen, I would probably still use the camp chef and bucket of soapy water.

I'll be interested to see what you find at the RV show. For full timing, I bet you'll find you a big 3 axle rig with W/D prep. With 3 kids and all that laundry, the convenience of a washer will be hard to pass up on.

That jumbo slide would be sweet for sure. I have also camped where I have a tree 6'' off my slide out. A slide within a slide would push me off the concrete RV pad if I had a tree in the way.

bobca1

I did hear that the decked out package could be going away, or be changing. No inside source or anything. I think it was a sales person who was told by a sales rep.

Personally, i would not sweat the outdoor kitchen. I used to want one, but after being around them, I would prefer to not have one. I use a camp chef 2 burner stove run off the RV propane quick connect. It's easy to set up. Clean. And replace if I want to. The RV kitchen has a small sink, typically small faucet, small burner. Its a great option to be able to fry the bacon outside, and have some counter space, but if I had an outdoor kitchen, I would probably still use the camp chef and bucket of soapy water.

I'll be interested to see what you find at the RV show. For full timing, I bet you'll find you a big 3 axle rig with W/D prep. With 3 kids and all that laundry, the convenience of a washer will be hard to pass up on.

That jumbo slide would be sweet for sure. I have also camped where I have a tree 6'' off my slide out. A slide within a slide would push me off the concrete RV pad if I had a tree in the way.
I also highly recommend getting model with the WD prep, and with kids due to volume of laundry go for the stackable (separate) units because it takes a lot of loads due to small load sizes about 1/2 or 1/3 of what can fit in the large front loader home units. I have 2 kids we don't full time but do week long trips and do laundry all the time, especially for beach/river trips real nice to be able to wash all those towels!

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

SparkyD

Our list of wants is as follows: W/D hookups, 1.5 baths, loft for the kids, and fireplace would be nice. It is so hard for us to find a floor plan that has everything on our list. The wife is adamant that she doesn't want a couch that basically faces into the kitchen island or peninsula, which most layouts do. She wants some separation between the kitchen and living room, something like the CY3611JS, or CY420. The Road Warrior 390 has an awesome living room, but no 1/2 bath, or W/D.

BTW, I just noticed that Heartland added a Road Warrior 362, which is like the 3611JS. Still no W/D though.

Well, I love the large 3 axle models, but they are getting awfully long and heavy. For someone who has never owned/towed an TT/FW before (I've owned a boat I've towed in the past, but really no comparison) how crazy is it towing these things? Coming from Hawaii, I would be buying a new tow vehicle as well. Will a late model F-350 DRW 6.7 be sufficient for these 3 axle models, not just locally, but all over the continent? If I start getting recommendations for MDT's or HDT's, I think it's time to get a smaller rig rather than a bigger truck.

Our plan is to fulltime for a year or two, staying at RV parks for about a week at a time, and then drive a few hours to the next one for another week, and so on. Maybe some boondocking mixed in as well. We'd like to circle the lower 48 states, accounting for the weather of course. I'd love to head for Alaska after the first year, but again, the size of these rigs are somewhat intimidating for me. Any advice on what it's like towing these things would really help us make our decisions. Thanks!

hboy1

With our search anyway, there is always something that these rigs don't have. We like everything, but no extra bath, or king bed.... With the toy haulers, it will be very tough to get any real separation from the kitchen/living area. Even if the floor plan appears to have some separation, your right on top of the kitchen all the time....

Some 5th wheel plans have separation, but lack the bunk room. The best toy hauler (IMO) options with the extra bath and a family with kids have the dual opposing slides with two sofas (CY 3800; CY4150). Both these have a extra bath and W/D prep, but no king bed (if you like that...). Road Warrior has a smaller 2 axle rig; RW 355 with dual opposing slides, no W/D prep, no king bed (unless they figure that modification out).

If you are a family like us, you will find MOST of the thinks you want, but probably not all, unless you get the 45 footer.

If you are shopping DRW trucks, that will fit any of these rigs. I got a SRW one ton for the RW 355. (we thought we were moving to a 5th wheel bunk house. Not to a toy hauler which was not on our radar when we shopped trucks. Had we known a toy hauler was for us, I would have got the DRW just because they are so much heavier on the pin weight than 5th wheel campers).

I'm sure you will get used to the driving piece quickly. Seems like the most experienced RV'ers have banged up stuff along the way. After a couple years, most RV's and trucks around the campground that I see have their share of scars.. I think almost everyone who hauls with a DRW will tell you towing is a breeze.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The RW 420, 3611JS, 390, and 362 all have hook-ups for washer and dryer. The 420 is located in the bedroom closet, the 390 is in the garage, and the 3611JS and 362 has the hookup under the sink in the 1/2 bath so that the plumbing can be ran behind the toilet into a washer / dryer to go in front of the sliding glass door between the garage and living space.

thanks,

AJ Jones

- - - Updated - - -

The decked out package has gone away, once we just made the move to the Mor-Ryde fast track rail kit (February of 2016 production). We do offer the option for the steps for the rail kit, but not the grill or the trash can holder.

thanks,

AJ Jones

AJJONES

1. MSRP base price - $79,499
2. This model is available now and will be at a lot of major shows this show season.
3. The Cyclone package is a forced package
4. You a contact us here at Heartland (574) 266-8726, or contact anyone of our dealers in the rest of the North America
5. There is no concern for the JUMBO SLIDE and the additional weight cantilevered. We have done ALOT of cycle testing (numerous weeks worth) to ensure that there are not any issues, and it passed with flying colors. There is actually less weight than some of the slides we use now. The 4200 is just under 15' long and has a person couch and a refer in the slide, that slide out is ran out with 2x medium duty hydraulic rams. To ensure that there is plenty of strength on the 3611JS we have used 3x heavy duty hydraulic rams for additional support and strength. Also keep in mind that all the hydraulic slide out mechanisms are all the way through the frame for additional strength.
6. Washer / Dryer can be installed in the garage area (hook ups are under 1/2 bath sink)

thanks,

AJ

SparkyD

Hi AJ,

Thanks for all the useful info. I'm glad to hear how well built the jumbo slide will be. One question I had is about the laundry hookup: Will heartland run the plumbing lines from under the sink to the garage if ordered that way, or is that strictly an owner / dealer upgrade? I would think the lines would need to be covered, or my 3 young kids would probably try to stand on them or something, lol. Is venting required on the dryer?

We are crossing our fingers that there will be some Heartland TH's at the upcoming Seattle RV Show next month to check out. Thanks!

AJJONES

We do not offer Washer / Dryer as an option and it would have to be a dealer upgrade. The plumbing will have to be ran behind the toilet and through the vapor wall. They do sell vent-less dryers, although they don't work quite as well on this floor plan it is probably your best option.

thanks,

AJ

VAbow

AJ,
Are the 3611JS available for ordering thru a dealer yet? What is the normal lead time once ordered to get to a Virginia dealer? Love that floor plan will be getting one soon. Thanks