Furnace

Deedee

I am having issues with my furnace. It keeps quitting on me, I pull the fuse, it looks fine and I put it back in and the furnace works again for a little while then shuts down again. Not to mention it is using propane like there is no tomorrow.

I also need to know what is the make of the furnace in a 2009 Sundance 2800RLS? Does anyone know?

Thanks
Deedee

danemayer

Hi Deedee,

It's probably a Suburban furnace. You'd have to remove the outer cover to be certain.

Sounds like it's going into a safety lockout condition because an ignition attempt fails 3 times in a row. You can also reset a lockout by cycling the thermostat to OFF, giving it a few seconds, and then turning it back to HEAT.

Make sure you have a good supply of propane. Low propane pressure can cause your symptoms. Another common cause is insect nests or other crud in the air intake - check the tubes on the outside. Make sure the air return in the coach is not blocked, and if you have any of the floor registers blocked, open them as well.

If you want to investigate further, Gary Brinck has written a Furnace Troubleshooting Guide which we have at this link.