Landmark 365 User Guide

danemayer

I'd pleased to announce that we now have a Landmark 365 User Guide. This guide augments the Heartland Trailer Manual providing many additional details about the features of the Landmark 365. The user guide also addresses questions commonly asked on the forum.

The guide is posted to the HUG - Heartland User Guides area of the forum and can be reached from the TOOLS tab at top of the page, or from this link.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, awesome, Dan! I know you worked very hard to help make this happen. Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Great job Dan !!!! This will be a tremendous help to new owners of Landmark 365 and also those of you who have had your LM365 for a while now. I know you spent a lot of time and effort on it. I would bet that anyone that reads it will learn something.

jbeletti

Thank you Dan! I know this was a huge undertaking for you and some contributors and reviewers. Guides like this help make the Heartland Owners Forum a relevant resource for Heartland product owners. My hat is off to you my friend.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Thank You Dan and all your helpers. I haven't finished reading through the entire manual yet, but so far, it is awesome. Huge undertaking with great results. All of us are indebted to you for pulling this together.

Keith

OToole

Just downloaded it and breezed through it. Looks to be pretty comprehensive and a huge undertaking. Well done!

Mike

wino2

We are looking at a 365 Newport. The sales people said that there are two connectors for the Sattilite on the roof, one in front, and one on the back of the rig. I can't get a clear answer: does it require one dish each for the bedroom and living room. Or will one suffice for both?
Thanks in advance!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

No there are 2 cables that go from the docking station up to 1 spot on the roof where the dish would be mounted. Then in the docking station you also have the bedroom connection and the living room connection.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

danemayer

We are looking at a 365 Newport. The sales people said that there are two connectors for the Sattilite on the roof, one in front, and one on the back of the rig. I can't get a clear answer: does it require one dish each for the bedroom and living room. Or will one suffice for both?
Thanks in advance!

Hi wino2,

If you get a Winegard Travel'r rooftop dish, with the additional of 2 coax jumper cables in the Universal Docking Center (UDC) it will give you a satellite signal in both the living room and the bedroom.

Just as in a house, if you want to use two TVs in different locations, you typically need two receivers.

If you use a tripod-mounted dish that supports multiple receivers (some dishes support only one receiver), you connect the coax from the dish to the connector(s) in the Universal Docking Center (UDC). The wiring in the UDC goes to the living room and to the bedroom.

You can also use a dome-type dish that sits on the ground and automatically finds the satellite. Some support one receiver. Some support more than one.

Since you posted to the thread about the Landmark 365 User Guide, let me point you to pages 47-49 for details on the coach side of the hookup.

Satellite can be complicated. We also have a Getting Started With Satellite TV guide that will help you sort through some of the options. New dishes have come out since that guide was written, but in general it's still pretty current.

wino2

Thank you for your quick responses. We have dish ( roof mount ) on our LM now, so it would basically the same. The salesman was making a point of saying about two ports on the roof, that I was over thinking it.

Again, Thank you for clearing this up!

danemayer

Re: Landmark 365 User Guide Mid-2017

The Landmark 365 User Guide - Mid 2017 has been posted to the User Guide section of the forum.

Heartland introduced a number of changes to the Landmark 365 last fall for the Mid 2017 models and beyond, which are covered in this new user guide.

The prior version of the Landmark 365 User Guide is also available.

danemayer

The 2020 Landmarks have changed quite a bit, so there's a new Landmark 365 User Guide V3.0 Mid 2020.

There are a number of significant changes including an updated KIB Multi-Plex system, new remote control battery cutoff switches, a solar power option that includes an electrical sub-panel with three 15 amp circuits, and much, much more.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The 2020 Landmarks have changed quite a bit, so there's a new Landmark 365 User Guide V3.0 Mid 2020.

There are a number of significant changes including an updated KIB Multi-Plex system, new remote control battery cutoff switches, a solar power option that includes an electrical sub-panel with three 15 amp circuits, and much, much more.

Wow, Dan I don’t own a Landmark but I sure appreciate your efforts to keep owners informed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya Dan the effort you put in to these user guides is incredible. Along with all you do for this forum.
We all are in Debt to you.
A BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU DO FOR ALL OF US

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk