Bighorn Pinbox

Gary521

Do Bighorns still use the Lippert 1621 pinbox. I want to swap my old 5th Airborne for the one that came off the lot.

Gary521

Thanks for the reply. I measured the pinbox on the new Bighorn and it has the dimensions of the 1621/1621HD. It appears that my old 5th Airborne will fit.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Guys that have swapped their 5th Airborne onto a new rig -- any issues with bolt placement, or hitch height? Do you supply new bolts, or did the dealer do it?

Gary521

When this happens, I will report back. I plan to use the bolts from the new unit. As part of the "deal", the dealer will make the swap for me.

jnbhobe

I made a couple of modifications to mine to move it up another set of holes and get closer to level, then I bought a dually.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I made a couple of modifications to mine to move it up another set of holes and get closer to level, then I bought a dually.

Jon, does this mean the dually made it unlevel again? Not sure I follow. Modifications to the pinbox or the rig?

jnbhobe

I set it up originally for a SRW Super Duty witch is 2 In. higher than a DRW so now I am a touch low in the front but thats alright with me.