freshwater tank overflow

prae35

This doesn't happen all the time but lately the freshwater tank vent has been flowing overflow water. I have not been running the pump. My question is what controls the level in the tank? It used to stop at 3/4 full. Now it goes to full and overflows. A pipng diagram would help. I have a 2015 wilderness 2850bh.

danemayer

Hi prae35,

On a Wilderness I assume you fill the fresh tank by putting a hose in the gravity fill opening. (Some of the larger coaches have a 4-way Anderson Valve where you change the position of the valve to rout water to the tank.)

If the tank is filling by itself when you are hooked up to city/campground water, the water is flowing backward through the water pump and into the fresh tank.

We have an owner-written Water Systems Guide that explains and illustrates this problem starting on page 10. You can replace the pump, or add an inline check valve, or both.

MTPockets

My fresh water was filling and I replaced my pump. No issues since. I know others have added back flow devices, but I figure the pimp should do what it's suppose to do.

prae35

Thanks Dan. There was water on the kitchen floor this AM. Found the pump and shutoff to the tank. I will pick up a check valve from west marine and hose clamps.

KFPD404

I had the same thing happen on my 2850bh . I ran the pump a few times and it stopped leaking by . I was planning on doing the same thing of putting a check valve in bu hen I traded up.