Anything near Green Bay, Wisconsin?

Hi all - have a good family friend moving to Green Bay area and we want to visit in the early fall time period. I can't find any parks in that area that get any rating above a 5 or 6 and many are much lower..........we have a North Trail (approx 27 feet long) and hoping to find something within an hour's drive or so............welcome any suggestions.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have stayed a couple times at a place called Apple Creek Campground just south of Green Bay.
It's a decent place with water and electric and dump station.
The good part about this place is that it is convenient to Green Bay and the highway.
Door County just to the north has several campgrounds and is a nice touristy area.

Peace
Dave

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We stayed near Green Bay a few years ago in Kewaunee WI at the Kewaunee Village RV Park and Campground. It was a decent place to stay a couple of nights to visit Lambeau Field. There's not much to offer in Green Bay.

Mattman

Hi, Check out High Cliff state park. It's South of Green Bay, and on the north side of lake Winebago. We stopped there a few years ago before where campers. But looked like a nice camping spot. Lots of trails and a neat over look of the lake. They also had a pavilion with a big indoor fireplace. Kinda neat. Theres a train museum in GB that was kinda neat. Just a few things to consider. My brother lives in Oshkosh. Oh, make sure you get some WI chocolate from there. It's fantastic. I'll ask him where he gets it.
Matt

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
And some VERY avid fans running around with their game faces painted on way before the season starts!